• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

100% CPU usage while playback M2TS

gga01

Hello,
after ripping BDs I jsut want to playback them by using the .m2ts files.
Regardless which player I use (MP 11, Nero, Media Center), depending on the type of movie CPU usage goes up to 100% and playback stucks. With some movies it stays below 80%, but most are having problems.
System is a most recent AMD6000, ATI 3650, XP 32Bit.
Seems to me that the GPU is not used for decóding (another thread mentions that PDVD should be used with ISO-Images to use GPU accelaration. I simply can't believe that I shall go through ripping, demuxing, making ISO to be able to playback an BD.. :doh:)

Furthermore I'm looking for a player where I can activate digital 5.1 sound output (SPDIF on sound card).

Any hints ?
Thanks

You only get GPU offloading when you play it back as a disc structure in something like PDVD, so yes you will have to make it into an ISO and play it back that way, this will also give you the audio through the HDMI on the graphics card. You should be getting audio through the spdif on your sound card as long as you set up the sound settings in windows to use the spdif, any player should still send it out (all mine do). Media center, and Mp11 definately won't use the Hardware decoding, and I don't thinke nero wil either unless it's as a full disc structure

Last edited:
Back