• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[1.7.0.0] & problem movies

Danger

This will be a list of movies that either fail to encode at all or encode but have playback problems, particularly lurching video.

Unless otherwise stated the following are my encoding settings:
Encoding to: Microsoft Zune MP4
Video Quality: MAX
Resolution: 320x240
Passes: 3
Letterbox Zoom: half if available
Deinterlace Video: unchecked
Region 1
Videos ripped to HD then processed with CloneDVDMobile

Let's start with:
6 Days, 7 Nights
- badly lurching video
View attachment 6 Days - 7 Nights [1700].zip

5th Element
- lurching video, noticable but not too bad
View attachment 5th Element [1700].zip

Alice In Wonderland (1999)
- FFMPEG.exe crashes at the very end of the last pass, video is unplayable
View attachment Alice In Wonderland [1700].zip

Aliens vs Predator 1
- lurching video
View attachment Alien vs Predator [1] [1700].zip

Aliens In The Attic
- lurching video
View attachment Aliens In The Attic [1700].zip

Last edited:
List of videos that seem ok, no noticeable lurching:

The 6th Day
50 First Dates
The Abyss [Special Edition]
Alien Resurrection
The Bachelor
Bedtime Stories
Bee Movie
Bolt
Bourne [2] - Supremacy
Bride Wars
Cars
Catch That Kid
The Cave
Chicken Run
Click

Unless noted with an asterix (*), movies have not been fully watched and are subject to being moved to 1st post.

Last edited:
Next Set:

Ant Bully, The
- lurching video
View attachment Ant Bully, The [1700].zip

Barnyard [1] - The Original Party Animals
- lurching video, just noticeable
View attachment Barnyard [1] - The Original Party Animals [1700].zip

Batman [2] - The Dark Knight
-lurching video, noticeable at the very beginning with the Warner Brother company logo almost unnoticeable the rest of the movie
View attachment Batman [2] - The Dark Knight [1700].zip

Bourne [1] - Indentity
- lurching video, I thought this one was ok at first and it does appear to be ok at the beginning of the movie but jumping through it there were definite areas where there was noticeable lurching.
View attachment Bourne [1] - Indentity [1700].zip

Bourne [3] - Ultimatum
- same as one, video seems to be ok until about halfway where it starts to get noticeably lurchy. It may start sooner but when jumping through, that`s where I started to notice it.
View attachment Bourne [3] - Ultimatum [1700].zip

Last edited:
Well hopefully these transcoders logs are helping out... anyway here's the next batch:

A Bug's Life
- lurching video, very noticeable at the beginning, movie seems to smooth out after about 10mins. At least jumping around after the 10min mark I didn't notice anymore lurching.
View attachment Bug's Life, A [1700].zip

Cellular
- FFMPEG.exe crashes at end of 3rd pass, video unplayable
View attachment Cellular [1700].zip

Clint Eastwood [1966] - A Fistful Of Dollars
- FFMPEG.exe crashed
View attachment Clint Eastwood [1966] - A Fistful Of Dollars [1700].zip

Last edited:
Danger I am in the middle of transcoding the kids videos. I have just done Ant Bully and a Bugs Life. Neither of these are showing any problems. I am coding to Ipod (m4v) 640x360 highest quality deinterlaced and direct from disk.

Try a different format and see if that helps.
John

Danger I am in the middle of transcoding the kids videos. I have just done Ant Bully and a Bugs Life. Neither of these are showing any problems. I am coding to Ipod (m4v) 640x360 highest quality deinterlaced and direct from disk.

Try a different format and see if that helps.
John

I would but the Zune only accepts WMV and MP4.

Thats OK, m4v is mp4 with a different extension. Just rename it. If it works you could probably mod the .ini to create the files with the correct extension. It looks like you want to check the section you will be using for:
FileType=m4v and change it to
FileType=mp4

Thats OK, m4v is mp4 with a different extension. Just rename it. If it works you could probably mod the .ini to create the files with the correct extension. It looks like you want to check the section you will be using for:
FileType=m4v and change it to
FileType=mp4

OK, made a copy of the iPod Video Profile and made it to a zune one only changing the FileType from m4v to mp4 and at least on the one video I tried it on there was no lurching where before it was pretty bad. Hopefully the rest work just as well and no issues playing it on my Zune.

Thank you.

Still having problems with some movies, basically FFMPEG.exe is crashing at the very end. Will post about them once I am finished with the movies that are working for me.

Still having problems with some movies, basically FFMPEG.exe is crashing at the very end. Will post about them once I am finished with the movies that are working for me.

Same problem here...I got it to work once, and now FFMPEG.exe crashes all the time. Even if I remove 1.7.x completely and revert back to an older version. :doh:

Back