• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1.2.9.2 - Changelog Question

Electron003

Installed 1.2.9.2 after seeing the following in the changelog.

"improvement: this version brings back a lot of 1080p content for Netflix and Amazon.

I only have AP and started looking at various titles...approx 30 or more and NOT one of them was HD. I tried several different regions as well. No HD?

So I decided to look at titles I've already reviewed ;) Finally I got some titles that showed HD...but guess what...NO 5.1! Couldn't find a single title that had both HD and 5.1 -> they were all stereo.

So something is obviously still not right.

Am I missing something?

I can't recall now but I did see a few 1080p titles on AP earlier. Saw a bunch at 816 as well.

Installed 1.2.9.2 after seeing the following in the changelog.

"improvement: this version brings back a lot of 1080p content for Netflix and Amazon.

I only have AP and started looking at various titles...approx 30 or more and NOT one of them was HD. I tried several different regions as well. No HD?

So I decided to look at titles I've already reviewed ;) Finally I got some titles that showed HD...but guess what...NO 5.1! Couldn't find a single title that had both HD and 5.1 -> they were all stereo.

So something is obviously still not right.

Am I missing something?

Hi @Electron003 , I took a bit of a hiatus from APV as well. I was focused on HBOmax which later turned into a different endeavor; replacing H264 titles with their respective H265 (HEVC) versions.

When I switched back to APV, I was focused on some shows that I knew were only available in SD, so I figured I would use my tokens there for now.

After reading your post, I took a look at a few titles from prime, IMDb TV and purchased, and saw the following options:

Prime:
  • Thin Red Line (1998) 1920x816/DD+ 5.1
  • Saving Private Ryan (1998) 1920x1080/DD+ 5.1 - I pulled this one down to replace my Netflix one considering the higher video bitrate.
  • Hotel Transylvania: Transformania (2022) [Released today] 960x520/DD+ 5.1
  • Enemy at the Gates (2001) 1920x816/DD+ 5.1
IMDb:
  • Despicable Me (2010) 960x540/DD+ 5.1
  • Despicable Me 2 (2013) 960x540/DD+ 5.1
  • Underworld (2003) 960x540/DD+ 5.1 Some of the other Underworld's came through with Full HD and DD+ 5.1
Purchased:
  • Jumanji 1 (Plus Bonus Content) (1995) 1080/DD+ 5.1
  • Lorax (2012) 1920x1040/DD+ 5.1
  • Cowboys & Aliens (Extended Version) (2011) 1920x800/DD+ 5.1
  • Spider-Man 2 (Extended Edition) (2004) 1920x800/DD+ 5.1
  • Spider-Man 3 (Editor's Cut) (2007) 1920x800/DD+ 5.1
  • Despicable Me 3 (2017) 1920x800/DD+ 5.1
I understand that although some HD has been restored, many are a work in progress. I wonder what titles you were looking at....? Maybe I can check them on my end to see if I get the same results. Provide 5 and I'll check them out.

Thanks for the help.

I just thought it weird that every title I looked at was only SD (even some of the ones I got ages ago). The lack of 5.1 was also a surprise as all the titles I've already watched were definitely 5.1 previously.

@zero269 -> are you using 1.2.9.2? I must look up some of those titles and see what the story is there. Like I said, I have yet to find any HD 5.1 titles at all.

One thing that is apparent perhaps is that this version of AS seems to know if HD is available or not. (which means one doesn't lose a token trying that particular title like in version 1.2.8.4). It clearly tells you what is available - so I assume if only SD is shown then that title has the new DRM.

Update: Doh! When I installed 1.2.9.2 as a secondary version, it wasn't recognized like in the past when I did other separate installs??. That meant I had to set it up from scratch again and I missed the surround sound check box. Definitely a scown (from Avatar) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Update: Doh! When I installed 1.2.9.2 as a secondary version, it wasn't recognized like in the past when I did other separate installs??. That meant I had to set it up from scratch again and I missed the surround sound check box. Definitely a scown (from Avatar) :rolleyes:

It sounds like you got it taken care of now. Happy streaming! (y)
I'm on 1292 as well.

Back