• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1.2.9.0 is a crap release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that everyone's fuse is getting shorter and shorter these days with all the crap going on in the world right now.
Why don't we all take one step back and take a look from the distance at the words recently being used here.
NtK has some valid points, so does RF1 - however name calling is always pretty unprofessional and shows someone runs out of arguments.

I'm not taking sides here, all I'm saying is to maybe sleep over it the next time before you hit "send".

khm. allow me to ease the tensions. i think amazon and the rest of the providers are cool and they should introduce even higher level of protection so no one can download anything. i dislike redfox, i dislike admins, i dislike mods, i dislike devs, i dislike fanboys, i dislike trolls, i dislike competition, i dislike positive comments, i dislike negative comments, in fact i dislike every single user of AS (excluding myself, of course), and i think this entire forum is a foul cesspit.

there. now everyone can direct their anger and frustration my way.
you are welcome.

sincerely,
marty(r) the clown.

Last edited:
Well, if like RedFox 1 we are now allowed to express our opinions as long as it is not insulting, then I shall chime in...

Firstly, I think certain users (and most importantly, moderators) would be happy if AS suddenly reverted to VHS or Betamax rips as it would be 'a big upgrade' on not being able to download anything at all. Because, well...you know, at least it works and we should all be grateful for that, of course. Quite funny when the mods and devs are very quick to put down third party software as a screen recorder. We're pretty much almost one step away from that now.

Secondly, the response from mods (and users) to paying customers who are quite rightly unhappy about certain things of "you clearly don't understand DRM" is equally humerous. In fact, those mods (and again, users) are the ones that don't understand DRM (one mod in particular, who's eyes are seemingly so bad they would be happy with watching a film on a matchbox because 'they can't see any difference').

The reason that HD worked on some titles previously (both NF and AMZ) and are now both limited to SD is really simple and from the replies that I've seen thus far is exactly why the mods in charge of, you know, moderating this forum...have no idea of how DRM works (even though they will be the first to tell you that it's you that have no idea how this all works). This 'change' in DRM (along with the previous 'changes') are not changes in DRM at all and could have been very much avoided.

The monkey software works because they are seemingly one step ahead of AS/RF (whether that is purchasing said exploit or reverse engineering themselves, remains to be seen - very likely to be the former). As soon as that particular exploit is leaked (which it will be) AS will work again, so no need for everyone to panic. We will shortly be rejoicing and all singing together "Long live Redfox! Long live Anystream" like one happy family.

Happy new year all and I can't wait to watch the latest Netflix drama in SD tonight whilst waiting for the devs who are working behind the scenes to fix this big mess!

Please explain how this could have been avoided?

That would break your rules of 'not discussing how AnyStream works' but as you understand DRM, then I'm sure you get the gist. Maybe mitigated would have been the better word. None of these 'DRM changes' were a surprise to anybody that knows anything about DRM. Again, DRM didn't change, just the particular way that content was being obtained 'changed' and was well documented and warned of for months before it did eventually 'change'.

That would break your rules of 'not discussing how AnyStream works' but as you understand DRM, then I'm sure you get the gist. Maybe mitigated would have been the better word. None of these 'DRM changes' were a surprise to anybody that knows anything about DRM. Again, DRM didn't change, just the particular way that content was being obtained 'changed' and was well documented and warned of for months before it did eventually 'change'.
Yes I understand completely, and I do get the gist. You are correct the DRM did not change at all, the keys got revoked. That's all I can say without breaking my own rules. LOL

Happy new year all and I can't wait to watch the latest Netflix drama in SD tonight whilst waiting for the devs who are working behind the scenes to fix this big mess!
You really should upgrade your Netflix package if you only can watch in SD ...:rolleyes:

You really should upgrade your Netflix package if you only can watch in SD ...:rolleyes:
Watching in SD is only a stop gap until HD is back in the program. It just takes time, old saying " a day late and a dollar short"

I have a feeling that RedFox 1 is working hard to get the other moderators/admins to agree to have me banned. He even stated that I don't belong here in a recent reply.
And I realize that RedFox 1 has been a moderator for 20 years, so he is really in the power seat here. I am not. I know that. So why would I stick my neck out when I know that I would most likely come off worst?
I know that I am not the same person I was 20 years ago, maybe I became less tolerant of absolute power. RedFox 1, you must also have 'grown/changed" over this period, so maybe think about that for a bit.

But also think about this folks:
If a troll is classified as someone who actually spends $100's of dollars on a companies products, then that must be the dumbest troll in the history of trolling.
Stupid is paying money for a product - repeatedly. In fact - all the products available here, just to be able to troll? Really? I don't think that is plausible.

If on the other hand it is really a customer who gives feedback both on the program in order to make the development team think about factors they might not have considered. And really, who can consider all angles, that is why you use focus groups and forums, to get feedback. A two-way street. That is how products develop and improves. Otherwise we would all still have old 32" CRT TV's in our homes and there would not even have been a need for AnyDVD-HD (with emphasis on the HD).
Also, as someone who sees how a forum is being manged and how genuine complaints is being pushed under a rug, or blatant lies being told to customers, and then points out those inconsistencies are then called a "sherif and troll", then there is more issues with the forum that people think.

I do have hope that the devs will find a way to re-enable HD and even 4K in future, that is also why I have not spend money on the competitions products which are also downloaders and NOT screen recorders. (Yes, one of them mentioned frequently can in fact do screen recording as a stop-gap for when DRM issues disables the downloading portion. That is actually quite nifty and might account for the increased price).

Also, as you might have seen from my profile: South Africa. Whilst Euro159 might not be a significant amount in the USA or Europe, it is a significant amount where I am from.
So by me spending money on this product, just to troll, is painting me with an unfair brush.

This must be the weirdest gathering of Trolls then in the history of trolling. So many people who spend money on the product, just to be classified as trolls when they dare complain. It is not right and moderators should not be biased and open to disagreements. I hope that this is something which will happen at some stage, whether I am here or not.

@Zoidberg. Hope you enjoyed the popcorn. Would have been a waste to make so much and be able to enjoy it.

I have a feeling that RedFox 1 is working hard to get the other moderators/admins to agree to have me banned. He even stated that I don't belong here in a recent reply.
And I realize that RedFox 1 has been a moderator for 20 years, so he is really in the power seat here. I am not. I know that. So why would I stick my neck out when I know that I would most likely come off worst?
I know that I am not the same person I was 20 years ago, maybe I became less tolerant of absolute power. RedFox 1, you must also have 'grown/changed" over this period, so maybe think about that for a bit.

But also think about this folks:
If a troll is classified as someone who actually spends $100's of dollars on a companies products, then that must be the dumbest troll in the history of trolling.
Stupid is paying money for a product - repeatedly. In fact - all the products available here, just to be able to troll? Really? I don't think that is plausible.

If on the other hand it is really a customer who gives feedback both on the program in order to make the development team think about factors they might not have considered. And really, who can consider all angles, that is why you use focus groups and forums, to get feedback. A two-way street. That is how products develop and improves. Otherwise we would all still have old 32" CRT TV's in our homes and there would not even have been a need for AnyDVD-HD (with emphasis on the HD).
Also, as someone who sees how a forum is being manged and how genuine complaints is being pushed under a rug, or blatant lies being told to customers, and then points out those inconsistencies are then called a "sherif and troll", then there is more issues with the forum that people think.

I do have hope that the devs will find a way to re-enable HD and even 4K in future, that is also why I have not spend money on the competitions products which are also downloaders and NOT screen recorders. (Yes, one of them mentioned frequently can in fact do screen recording as a stop-gap for when DRM issues disables the downloading portion. That is actually quite nifty and might account for the increased price).

Also, as you might have seen from my profile: South Africa. Whilst Euro159 might not be a significant amount in the USA or Europe, it is a significant amount where I am from.
So by me spending money on this product, just to troll, is painting me with an unfair brush.

This must be the weirdest gathering of Trolls then in the history of trolling. So many people who spend money on the product, just to be classified as trolls when they dare complain. It is not right and moderators should not be biased and open to disagreements. I hope that this is something which will happen at some stage, whether I am here or not.

@Zoidberg. Hope you enjoyed the popcorn. Would have been a waste to make so much and be able to enjoy it.

Each mod has his own opinion. And since we are old and stubborn we don't agree all the time. Nobody wants to to ban you if there is no obvious reason of misbehaviour. This is more or less your own paranoia.

So Amazon is adding different protection to just some TV episodes in a season?
Why wouldn't they have it on all of their videos if it works?

I downloaded all of seasons 2 and 3 except for S2E7.

Using V1.2.8.4, 1920 x 1080, 5.1 surround

upload_2022-1-8_17-12-26.png

View attachment 62544
I have to admit, it is confusing, I am not a developer but you make a good point.

View attachment 62544
I actually discovered different versions of failures. If it is like only certain episodes fail, I noticed that the downloaded video files are totally good and the whole episode is contained. No idea why AS throws an error but the episode works (at least for the cases I experienced)

I have to agree that reducing the quality of the video and forcing that said reduction is NOT a “DRM fix”. It’s a half ass workaround, that literally solves nothing at all. I said this regarding the “other” product, and I’ll say it here too.

As far as criticism? This thread isn’t criticism, it’s intent was to rip a product, and developers .

The world has moved on from 480p. While I’m sure that the AS staff are working on fixing this for good, this is a step in the wrong direction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back