• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1.1.4.0 - D+ some shows stuck during D/L

Ugadata

Some shows are hanging at 1,2, or 3 percent on D+. Not everything, just some.

The attached logfile is for Soul. I also had an issue with Atlantis: Lost Empire (earlier AS version).

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.4.0.astlog
    5.2 MB · Views: 4
Is there "egg on face" emoji? :banghead:

After shutting down AS and rebooting the VM, I tried downloading the first show I had an issue with (Atlantis: The Lost Empire) and it downloaded fine.
I then retried Soul and all went fine.

I will mention that I didn't try downloading from the other providers, only D+ - F.W.I.W.

The 1.1.3.4 I think has the D/L failure for Atlantis.

I am not saying you have to, but it's always a good idea to reboot your computer after installing a new version. I had to do it when installing 1140, after that, it was all good. Every computer reacts differently to a new program or version.

It happened again with another "movie" download on D+
Since the earlier posts, I have been downloading from all 3 providers.
In the case of of D+ I did several 30 minute series downloads (all was fine) then I tried another 'movie' D/L. It started, got to 1 % and all prgress stopped. The other 2 providers continued working without a hitch.

EDIT: I waited for the other providers to finish (and then some) before aborting and taking a log file.

This doesn't only affect D+. I've had this happen a lot on AP. Had one yesterday (without VPN) that sat there for over 30 mins. The log said nothing. I finally ended up aborting it. Happens more frequently with a VPN, but I get it locally more than I'd like.

It's like AS isn't smart enough to realize it isn't doing anything (This is NOT a criticism but merely an observation!).

Sometimes, it'll say in the log "Retry for fragment". That seems to help more often than not - like when it retires, the server node is refreshed or something (I don't know how these things work) and the d/l will start again. Also, I have stopped and restarted the VPN (if I'm using) and it will restart the d/l again from the stall position. It surprised me that this works (it does if you can disconnect / reconnect quickly enough). Other times, AS gives up (so it says in the log) when I do this. Not fast enough obviously.

I personally would like to see this issue sorted more than anything else with the program.

Just a suggestion for folks suffering this sort of issue. And I am just speaking from experience here with networking and from using AS.

Streaming a title through it's natural app normally appears bulletproof and without issue. The reality is on the network side all sorts of shenanigans is going on but you just don't see it because the app is always playing from a queue and what you see was pulled downed some moments before and not real time. This gives the app time to catch-up when a connection breaks or it has to retry or maybe even swap servers. This stuff goes on you just never notice.

UNTIL

You use AS to pull the title and then you more or less get to see the effect of possible bad connectivity. From my understanding, AS does not work from a streaming queue so the effect of broken connections and the like are immediate and visible.

What's my point? It's possible that you have connectivity issues going on with your network or connection that don't bother most things that you notice. But AS currently seems to be somewhat sensitive to this due to its internal mechanics. I am sure this will get better overtime. But in the meantime checking on your connectivity won't hurt. And I am not talking raw speed here but the quality of your connection.

So maybe it's worth updating router firmware, or doing a reboot of your router and or modem, rebooting you PC and checking stuff in between. None of this is a waste of time, it's good to do from time to time anyway.

Just my thoughts on it in hopes it helps with this issue.

I am aware that this (or what seems to be a similar issue) is happening with other providers as well (NF for sure and I think I may have had it happen once with AP) but I can almost reproduce this issue at will (at least for certain problematic shows).

One work around (for Me) is to download the movie only and nothing from the other providers until that D/L finishes.

Actually, that would be all three providers :rolleyes: It may hang at 2 providers but typically, I would be D/L from all 3 then try a movie from D+ (while the other 2 providers are still D/L) and then D+ would hang. I didn't have this issue show up on tv series from D+ only some movies.

I saw there was a new update but it will be a few hours before I can install it.

Well...I only have one provider (nor am I d/ling 2 titles at same time) and it happens all the time. I never notice this issue on any other software or online interaction. AS is a downloader. That has been repeated here time and time again. As such, it should be able to handle connectivity issues. And...the log doesn't tell you what is happening. Sometimes (like I said), you get a retry fragment in the log. But for the most part, AS just seems to sit there doing nothing - and nothing is shown in the log. If I can watch a title through a browser without stalling or buffering, why can't the same be said of AS?

I repeat...this isn't a criticism - just an observation. When it works, AS is great. But this has been happening more frequently - especially locally where no VPN is involved.

I'll give the latest version a go and see how we go.

I'm just telling it's working OK for me and that not everybody has issues. Which is important, too. Otherwise there would be a general issue to address.

Back