• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1.0.9.3 - Netflix - Missing Subtitles when embedded option enabled

sanjiyan

Hi,

Utilising a licenced version of 1.0.9.3 via Netflix, and downloading various Anime films and series, when selecting the English subtitles option, it downloads the video just time, but 8/10 times the subtitles are missing when using the Embedded option.

The subtitles seem to embed themselves when you select three (3) or more subtitles, but not when you just select English (one or two).

Films tested on: NinoKuni, A Whisker Away, and session three of Sword Art Online.

I have attached the logs for NinoKuni, as well as MediaInfo

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• NinoKuni.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 4
  • AnyStream_1.0.9.3.astlog
    3.9 MB · Views: 1
  • Netflix-NiNoKuni.astlog
    3.9 MB · Views: 1
I was only able to get subtitles by selecting the external .SRT options and turning them on with VLC Media Player.
I was especially interested in getting subtitles on Samsung TV's.

Play a Video in VLC
Tools
Preferences
Subtitles/OSD
Set Up subtitle settings, verify language
Then Save

I am fairly sure a new version is coming soon, please be patient. I know subtitles were discussed at length, lets hope your issue is fixed in the next version, coming to you soon ( I hope).

I’m having the same problem with Amazon Prime. When I went back to 1.0.9.1, I was able to download the embedded subtitles.

Just on a whim, I downloaded your log (because I had a similar problem) and it had identical errors in it:

Code:
01:51:07.658 - [Error] [Mux] Error fetching subtitles file for English (forced): SSL handshake failed
01:51:07.658 - [Error] [Mux] Error fetching subtitles file for English: SSL handshake failed

It seems AS is failing silently on these... Are you on VPN?

Yes, I am on a VPN - ExpressVPN, but it also occurs when I am not on a VPN.

Also, out of interest, how are you viewing the log files? Notepad++ is all jumbled and the AnyStream app wont open them for me.

It's not just a renamed file extension. Parts of the data are encrypted and useless unless you have the proper logfile parsing tool only the developers have.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back