1.0.9.3 - Netflix - Missing Subtitles when embedded option enabled

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by sanjiyan, Mar 24, 2021.

1. sanjiyan

sanjiyan Member

Hi,

Utilising a licenced version of 1.0.9.3 via Netflix, and downloading various Anime films and series, when selecting the English subtitles option, it downloads the video just time, but 8/10 times the subtitles are missing when using the Embedded option.

The subtitles seem to embed themselves when you select three (3) or more subtitles, but not when you just select English (one or two).

Films tested on: NinoKuni, A Whisker Away, and session three of Sword Art Online.

I have attached the logs for NinoKuni, as well as MediaInfo

Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. MCalca1706

MCalca1706 Well-Known Member

I was only able to get subtitles by selecting the external .SRT options and turning them on with VLC Media Player.
    I was especially interested in getting subtitles on Samsung TV's.

Play a Video in VLC
    Tools
    Preferences
    Subtitles/OSD
    Set Up subtitle settings, verify language
    Then Save

3. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

I am fairly sure a new version is coming soon, please be patient. I know subtitles were discussed at length, lets hope your issue is fixed in the next version, coming to you soon ( I hope).

4. Mr. Burnz

Mr. Burnz Active Member

I’m having the same problem with Amazon Prime. When I went back to 1.0.9.1, I was able to download the embedded subtitles.

5. Mirai

Mirai Well-Known Member

I use plex and get subs from all

6. sanjiyan

sanjiyan Member

Yes, I am on a VPN - ExpressVPN, but it also occurs when I am not on a VPN.

Also, out of interest, how are you viewing the log files? Notepad++ is all jumbled and the AnyStream app wont open them for me.

7. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

It's not just a renamed file extension. Parts of the data are encrypted and useless unless you have the proper logfile parsing tool only the developers have.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    RedFox 1 likes this.