• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1.0.9.2. reports "not enough space on destination drive" ....

TomTiddler

Does this for all attempts at download for all providers. Sigh. I'm running Windows 10, destination is normally a shared drive on my network. I tried both my 'normal' destination, and also a local destination. Network destination has 2TB+ space, local had 1TB+ - same message. After trying to download Mulan from Disney+ I ran "Create log file". It's attached.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.9.2.astlog
    27.4 KB · Views: 3
Does this for all attempts at download for all providers. Sigh. I'm running Windows 10, destination is normally a shared drive on my network. I tried both my 'normal' destination, and also a local destination. Network destination has 2TB+ space, local had 1TB+ - same message. After trying to download Mulan from Disney+ I ran "Create log file". It's attached.
Thank you for the logfile, Prospere will look at it. I on the other hand have no issues at all, numerous testing since I have it, and no problems. Sorry, you are having issues. Please try uninstalling and reinstall the program, you will most probably have to re log in but its a start until Prospere can look into your issue. Reboot inbetween

Yes, I can already see what the problem is.
Your network drive reports "-1" bytes available space, which probably simply means "I'm not telling you".
The log shows "18446744073709551615", which is 0xffffffffffffffff or -1 interpreted as signed int or a lot interpreted as unsigned int.
I'll fix that and make sure, there is no error reported in such a case (though then there's also no way of telling beforehand whether there's enough space).

But with the local drive, that really should not happen (did you possibly specify a read-only location?).

Last edited:
@TomTiddler The log only contains your attempt to download to a network drive. Can you create another log with a local drive too?

I suggest mounting the network drive to a local windows drive letter.
I assume, there is a bug that will not retrieve the available space information otherwise.

@Pete, I'm afraid I've been out all day, just got back. I'll try later today. @Prospere, thanx for the very quick response, the drive in question is a Drivepool replicated drive, so this may be a "feature", although I did immediately restore 1.0.9.1 and check that it could download to the same network drive, which was (as usual) completely successful. I'll have a log for a local drive soon, after I restore 1.0.9.2 - stay tuned.

OK, now just checked 1.0.9.2 again, network drive failed same way, local drive worked. Attached (1) is the log from successful local drive. Attached (2) is the log from the failed network drive. Using a mapped network drive (Y: mapped to same network drive that fails with a UNC path) works. Attached (3) is a log of this. It seems like between you and @Prospere that you have this covered off, but maybe some of these logs will help. I should add that in a previous life I was involved in a small team developing real-time operating systems and some related non-traditional file systems, so I have a little insight into possible issues, but (touch wood) I have not previously encountered a single instance where a Drivepool "drive" responded differently than a native NTFS drive. Good Luck and thanks for all the hard work from you guys :)

Attachments

• disney-Mulan.astlog
    95.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Failed network drive AnyStream_1.0.9.2.astlog
    99.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Mapped drive success - disney-Mulan.astlog
    142.7 KB · Views: 0
@TomTiddler thanks, I already discovered the cause of this. We're using the Qt framework, which has a way to report the available drive space and is - in my opionion - buggy (it may be a deliberate design limitation but that would be stupid).
It actually actively refuses to handle UNC paths - if you skip over that check and pretend it never happened, everything is fine.
We'll find a way around it.

Perfect - of course, I have a work around also, which is to use a mapped drive, so no problems. Thanx.

Back