• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

0012FA Folder in Blu ray Backup

Fanner

I have made a full disc backup of Star Wars I Blu Ray, i noticed that there is a folder called 0012FA alongside the normal BDMV and Certificate folders.
Inside there is a file called disc.bbd and a folder called BACKUP which again contains a file called disc.bbd

Anyone know what that is??

Is there reall not anyone that knows why this folder is there??

just remove it, the only ones needed for playback are BDMV & certificate. Ya didnt download this one from the net have you by any chance?

Downloaded what? The movie no i bourght the the box all the movies have this folder after a full rip with anydvdHD

I have made a full disc backup of Star Wars I Blu Ray, i noticed that there is a folder called 0012FA alongside the normal BDMV and Certificate folders.
Inside there is a file called disc.bbd and a folder called BACKUP which again contains a file called disc.bbd

Anyone know what that is??

Looks like SlySoft has finally changed the ANY! folder to a randomly generated name! ;)

Anyways, those folders are just by products of AnyDVD's protection removal. You can safely ignore or delete them.

If you don't know it, don't say it (or at least say that you don't know it) ;)

I know nothing about that folder, so it's hardly a byproduct of AnyDVD's in any way.

And you can't be sure that such a folder can be safely ignored - it's well possible, that the BD-J code on the disc requires that file.

Last edited:
I was under the impression that the orignals didn't have that folder, I guess that isn't the case. Sorry!

Sorry to re-open a dead thread. But I encountered a really weird French Pokemon Heroes Movie DVD that has this exact folder.
So this is not exclusive to Blu-ray. However, there is a common theme here. THX. The folder I have contains two files named THX.BBD and THX.BUP. Definitely seems like its some kind of custom THX extension of some kind. Especially based on the ".BUP" which is common for ISO data.

In response to sunqan above, the DVD contains this readable data:

`ScenaristSD 3.4 generated SDDVD BBD File[THX.MediaDirector.dll v1.3.0.1228; TCCE 01010111]`

To add more information I called this a really weird DVD because unpacking the ISO with 7zip seems to reveal some sort of structure protection.

7zip gives me "Headers Error" warning and ends up extracting 39368 MB of data. There's multiple duplicate looking IFO and VOB data.

I doubt Sunqan is still looking for a response after nearly 9 YEARS! Lets keep a dead topic dead shall we? Also you're in the blu-ray section. BUP/IFO/VOB files are for DVD's, they don't exist on a blu-ray structure

Back