• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

If AnyDVD HD were offered for your Mac would you purchase it ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignoring a large market....

If Ubuntu and The Mac operating systems are not supported someone will.
I think if you fish for older programmers savy in Mac programming that have been "downsized out" you'll get an employee who'd love the warm clime and a great job. Slysoft should put out the word. Let the experienced employee do all the work for you on a "Mac Anydvd" and just watch it happen. I can guarntee you there are thousands of out of work mac style experienced programmers that'd jump at bringing Mac a version.

I have both a imac and a windows based pc...I think this would be a great idea especially with Apple starting to push their Apple TV. This would be a great way to stream your movies to your big screen. I would be really eager to see how this would work. Although I don't think there are many choices for HD drives for the Mac...I would sure love to try it. I love my Imac!!!

I'd like to go Linux one day, if all the little applications that I REALLY need were available. Like Anydvd.

But I will never go Mac.

I'd like to go Linux one day, if all the little applications that I REALLY need were available. Like Anydvd.

But I will never go Mac.

Your chances seeing AnyDVD on Linux are close to zero because of legal problems. Mac, FreeBSD or NetBSD are not a problem from a legal point of view.

Last edited:
Could those who voted "No - I have another product I use" please tell us, *what* they use?

I wouldn't mind a dual boot for the freebdb or such but I must have a CloneDVD2 to work on that as well.

Just purchased a Mac Book Pro and there doesn't seem to be any good OSX DVD backup program.

In the meantime I'll just have to make do with the XP version and VMware Fusion.

That is why I would like to see it for the macosx. There isn't anything like anydvd for the mac. I think apple will offer bluray drives, but just having regular anydvd would be fantastic. I would buy it- separately from the license I already own for anydvdhd

Apple is not interested in copy-free applications like AnyDVD.
Their built-in Panasonic/Matsushita DVD drives are hardware-locked. You cannot emulate region codes with these drives. Not with any software.
This indicates that Apple will not tolerate applications that break copy or playback restrictions on their OS.

It would be a nice idea to start a SLYSOFT OS instead. You simply boot the PC with a Slysoft OS and start ripping, copying, playing - whatever you like. Who'd care for Apple and Microsoft then?

i voted yes because i've just bought a mac mini to be my htpc (now they've ported xbmc).

i'd assume it would be the same price as the windows version, maybe with a discount for existing windows users.

that said i'd prefer a linux version, and maybe the work done on a mac version could go towards a linux version? as far as GPL legal problems go, thats just an excuse - plenty of commercial vendors sell their programs as closed-source kernel modules or binary-only programs - say vmware, nvidia, amd, ahead, adobe, intel......

although i guess i could nfs mount my mac dvd drive and access it from the linux fileserver (although what's stopping me from doing the same using netbios/smb on windows? other than the fact that my windows install is a virtual machine on linux and not a physical box) ok now i'm getting excited.

i guess anydvd-hd would have to be the starting point before porting the rest of the suite....

Last edited:
Although there isnt any HD playback software out yet, I would definitely buy anyDVD HD for Mac!

As James has said in the past anything can happen, but we will just have to wait and see. What programs Slysoft makes is up to them, if they thought it was a viable product I think they would have done it already, just my opinion.

To answer your question many many many laptops have Matshita/Matushita DVD drives (Panasonic OEM). They are cheap, utter garbage and suffer from region coding problems. Refer here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/637240-post2.html. That said, I am not aware of an HD/BD drive available that is Matshita/Matushita/Panasonic, anyway.

I believe all first gen BD writers from SONY and Plextor are Panasonic OEM drives.

I realize that I"m late to the thread, but I thought I'd add my 2c worth.

Yes, I'd pay for a Mac version. In fact, I'd pre-pay for the promise of a Mac version.

Okay, I've had enough of this thread, and polls in general. If Slysoft wants to conduct a poll, then great. Otherwise, Anydvd HD for Mac isn't happening. If Slysoft ever develops a product for Macs, that product probably won't work at the driver level.

Thread closed. :policeman:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back