• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Stretching Sides of Video

wmaden

Lately I have noticed a problem in a lot of the movies I copy, not all, but by far most of them. The sides of the picture whenever the camera pans from side to side , the edges of the movie stretches out towards the side like you are looking through a glass of water, the center part of the picture is fine, but both edges stretch.
Does anyone have an idea as to what is causing this. I've tried various burning speeds, but it seems to make no difference. Also does it when I use dual layered disks to copy an entire disk.
Any answers will be appreciated.

Does anyone have an idea as to what is causing this.

Your television

I notice this all the time on my friend's 40" Toshiba DLP just while watching anything that has fast moving action. Drives me nuts as well . . .

Last edited:
It only happens with videos, never on regular television programming.
It's only about 6 months old, it's a 60' plasma

It only happens with videos, never on regular television programming.
It's only about 6 months old, it's a 60' plasma

Doesn't matter how old it is, if it's a limitation of the television.

One basis for comparison would be the original disc vs the backup. Does the original disc exhibit the same problem?

1) What program are you using to burn?

2) What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

3) At what speed are you burning your blank media?

The sides of the picture whenever the camera pans from side to side , the edges of the movie stretches out towards the side like you are looking through a glass of water, the center part of the picture is fine, but both edges stretch.
are you sure it's the copied dvd's that are the problem?
our panasonic tv has various picture modes-one of them is 'just' (which i never use).i noticed the 'just' setting stretches the edges of the video leaving the middle untouched.and it is only noticable when the camera is panning left or right.
so might be a good idea just to double check the setting on your tv is at 16:9.

Back