• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD build 3730 available

When I tried the new patch I had audio sych problems, with regular DVDs, I went back to 3104 and no problems.:confused: When played on anything else but PowerDVDUltra it was fine, but with the new patch it was not good.

Looks like they finally fixed the downmixing bug...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=987595
Not quite. TrueHD soundtracks are still sent as 2-channel PCM over s/pdif.

I have noticed that uncompressed multi-channel LPCM is encoded to DD before passing over s/pdif, but that may always have been the case - I did not have a disc with such a soundtrack when I was testing with previous versions.

Can you have a dual install with 3730 and 3319?

- Rich

Sunshine from Blu-ray disc works now with v3730. It use to freeze on chapter 16 with previous versions.

Yeah, no more downsampling over analog out. True HD audio at last! :rock:

OK. Maybe I am a little slow.

What is this SWITCH_POWERDVD.rar and how do I use it?

- Rich

There is still no way to watch Sunshine with a non-HDCP screen... build 3730 only says 'Unsupported disc in drive (BD+', and 3319a has issues with the movie (ie. crashing while playing or changing scenes).

Last edited:
OK. Maybe I am a little slow.

What is this SWITCH_POWERDVD.rar and how do I use it?

- Rich
If you are asking how to unpack a rar file, just use winrar - there is a HowTo.txt in it which explains (briefly) how to use the switcher.

If you are asking how to unpack a rar file, just use winrar - there is a HowTo.txt in it which explains (briefly) how to use the switcher.

OK. I will give it a shot.

Thanks.

- Rich

SWITCH_POWERDVD almost works for me. I can play HD DVD's from disk but all BD's have no video just a black screen.

- Rich

Just to clarify, you have to already have PowerDVD installed in order to use the PDVD switcher?

I uninstalled my 3730 and then unrarred the file, and couldnt get anything to work.

Going to try again with 3730 installed

Edit: Ok, I've reinstalled PowerDVD, which turns out to not be 3730, I'm actually uncertain as to the version it is, because all the About says is 7.3, and its able to play backed up movies off the HDD, while 3730 appears to be unable to.

Anyhow, when I try to playback from the hdd with 3319a, I get an Unidentified Error: 80040265 Internal Error.

Anyone have any idea why?

Last edited:
Just a note to everyone that this switcher does not completely work.... for example if done over a 3730 install then switched to 3319a, BD+ discs will not play, a firmware message will appear and when you press 'Continue' it freezes, whereas a normal 3319a install doesn't display this.

Another example... if you install over 3319a then switch to 3730, Bourne Ultimatum plays exactly the same (invisible menu and text at root).

Seamless Branching

I just tried playing Meet The Robinsons using version 3730, and I am noticing definite slight pauses in both audio and video whenever playback jumps between files (seamless branching). I was using 3104 before and I did notice slight pauses in the video at these branch points, but nothing that created much of a distraction. Basically, this seems to be another thing made worse by an updated version of PowerDVD. I do have 3319a, and I think I have 3516 somewhere as well, so I'll have to try them and see where this problem showed up. Anyone else notice this problem with this title or others with seamless branching?

Well, the way that it sould work (powerdvdswitcher) is this:
1. Install v.3730 (over the older one that you have or enything) .
2. Decompress the stuff that are included in the .rar file someware.
3. Put the 2 folders (PDVD3319a and PDVD3730) in your C: drive (root) .
4. Put the file ''SWITCH_PDVD.cmd'' in your %programfiles%\Cyberlink folder (just outside of the Powerdvd folder) .
5. Put the ''SWITCH_PDVD.lnk'' link file wherever you want (usually desktop) .

Now you must be able to switch the 2 versions of PDVD with a doubleclick on the link file.

With this, you have the 3730 version as ment to be (original) and an altered 3319a. If you are having trouble, i 'll make a different one that switches both of them in the original form. Though, you have to install both of them and make some changes that i 'll write you.

For me, everything works fine with this one, but i am reading that some are having probs, so if you want i'll make the new one for you to try.

''SWITCH_PDVD.cmd'' for German Win XP Home

Hey guy`s,

i`m a german user with a german XP home.

my problem is, that the folder "Programfiles" in my XP calls "Programme".

The PDVD Switcher doesn`t work because he can`t find the files.

How can i change the existing *.cmd file so that the switcher find his files?

Thank you for helping me!!

saleshero

Hey guy`s,

i`m a german user with a german XP home.

my problem is, that the folder "Programfiles" in my XP calls "Programme".

The PDVD Switcher doesn`t work because he can`t find the files.

How can i change the existing *.cmd file so that the switcher find his files?

Thank you for helping me!!

saleshero
Just open the SWITCH_PDVD.cmd in a text editor and edit the appropriate lines. It should be readily apparent. Just repalce all occurances of Program Files with Programme (if that is what it is).

Back