• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Start point on BD+ titles- won't happen until it is broken?

iansilv

I love theatertek and anydvd because I can set a start point- ie the start of the movie- and just click the play button and have it jump right to the movie without any of the trailer/warnings/bs. But- is it true that without BD+ dead and gone, this will not be possible on blu ray disks?

On a related note, PowerDVD never remembers where I left off watching a movie. I have it set to prompt me on each launch about whether to resume, but it always starts at the beginning... what a POS.

Thats a limitation of the supposedly "advanced" technologies known as HDi and BD-J. You'll find it works perfectly on non-BDJ Blu-rays and on regular DVDs. But all HDDVDs use HDi so no luck there.

HDi also prevents you from doing frame-by-frame. These limitations exist on hardware players too btw. Its not PowerDVDs fault.

Wait a minute- are you saying we will never be able to just start the movie like we can with theatertek and regular dvds?

You have to use the Bookmarking feature from within the disc's menus. Most HDDVDs have bookmarking and newer BD-J discs have it too.

Note that as of right now the majority of blu-rays do not use BD-J so you can still resume them just like a normal DVD.

This has nothing to do with BD+ by the way.

This is really a case where in order to give us "advanced" features they took away basic ones. :rolleyes:

Crap, I couldn't care less for the "advanced" stuff. I am also annoyed by this. So bookmarking will let you jump right away to the bookmark? I guess you'd still have to eat up the warnings and even skip some commercials before you can even get to them, since they are in the menu.

Back