• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ArcSoft TotalMedia (English Version) Availability

That's really nice! 20% off would definitely make this a great purchase if it does all the things we need it to. I'm hopeful that this can be a real PowerDVD killer.

When you dowload the software, you can register it. Then, Arcsoft will send you an email to complete the registration. From there, you'll get another email telling you that you are entitled to 20% off at the Arcsoft store. However, you can't purchase this yet and you can't find it by just searching their site. DigitalFreak really did some detective work to find this link as it's not published on thier site yet.
Thanks Digital, you rock:D

I wasn't able to register. It requires a product name and serial number for that. And I agree, DigitalFreak did us a very big favor in providing the link!!

Region-Hacking Thread for BD/DVD Players

Hello, PrincipalityFusion,

Quote: Man, you SOOO did not read the forum rules on posting before you posted that thread.

In my opinion, a Region-Hacking Thread DOES NOT VIOLATE THE RULES OF THE FORUM AT ALL. :disagree:

SuperGoof was also unsure whether or not he should post his PowerDVD registry hack here, but even James--a SlySoft Team member!!!-- said this would NOT violate the rules. :agree:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=2263&highlight="PowerDVD"+"Regions"+"forum+rules"&page=4

SuperGoof: I even found where PowerDVD stores region settings and how to reset them, but I'm not sure whether forum rules allow me to tell my findings here.

James: They allow it. Please tell us.
:D

If Region-hacking tips for the one product do not violate the rules, why should tips for other products do so?

On the Internet there are many pages that give tips for unlocking standalone DVD players, and--unlike bypassing a copy protection--it is legal in Europe to have a multiregion player, i.e. to bypass Regions. And don't forget that Antigua has no copyright laws (the WTO even allowed Antigua to violate US copyright!!!), so I think we can discuss things such as Region hacking in an Antiguan forum more open than in the fora of other countries.

SuperGoof, Rathbone80, and others, we thank you for your tips and look forward to more. Please share your knowledge of PowerDVD, TotalMedia, Nero, etc. with us.

Many greetings, :)

A Pal

I wasn't able to register. It requires a product name and serial number for that. And I agree, DigitalFreak did us a very big favor in providing the link!!

I did add a disclaimer to my original post, in that some folks on AVSForum seem to be having issues with sound, etc. YMMV

If you want a 20% coupon, download the free RAW viewer from their site and register it (I think that was the one). They'll send you a coupon in e-mail.

Last edited:
I'll third the motion to heap gratitude upon DigitalFreak!!!!! Good work

I'm off home to annoy my misses with this super new player.

A quote from my misses yesterday, delivered in good faith with genuine curiosity in her mind: "So is it possible to go and buy a blu ray or HD-dvd player that you just put the disk in and it works?"

"Where's the fun in that?" I thought. Surely it's better to wait ages to boot windows as it whizzes up my BD and HD drives, and then hope that PowerDVD is in a good mood...

I did add a disclaimer to my original post, in that some folks on AVSForum seem to be having issues with sound, etc. YMMV

If you want a 20% coupon, download the free RAW viewer from their site and register it (I think that was the one). They'll send you a coupon in e-mail.

Sweet on the coupon. I'll try that later. As for sound, I'll have to wait until I get home to mess with that. I have quite a few discs I can throw at it and see how it goes. I'm not using SPDIF, either, so, we'll find out what it can REALLY do.

Someone please let me know whether this program installs afc.sys on your system. Thank you

Not that I found. I searched my entire C: drive, including system and hidden files.

And it's not showing up in your filters?

a) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)

b) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Click "Clipboard". Then paste the information you pasted into your clipboard into your next post (ctrl-v).

Trust him, it's not there. I just looked, as well, and yes I checked the filters in ImgBurn. Of course, we don't really know if this is the version you'll be buying, either...

I tried a small sampling of my backups (basic rips to HD, no ISOs). Resident Evil 3(Blu Ray) played fine, but Fantasic Four 2(Blu Ray) didn't. I can select the folder (you have to select the BDMV folder to get the button active, but when you do, it doesn't do anything. Nothing starts, but it doesn't lock up as I can interact with the player. All my standard DVD rips work fine as do all of the HD DVD rips that i've thrown at it.

So in short, standard dvd and HD DVD seem to work fine on this while some Blu Ray rips may have trouble (as far as my collection goes).

The Blu Ray could be with the title though, just like when we had to change the xpl file for "Knocked Up" to get it to play in PowerDVD, but had to change it back for ShowTime. Maybe you have to tweak Fantastic Four to get it to work.

All in all a solid first attempt.

I tried a small sampling of my backups (basic rips to HD, no ISOs). Resident Evil 3(Blu Ray) played fine, but Fantasic Four 2(Blu Ray) didn't. I can select the folder (you have to select the BDMV folder to get the button active, but when you do, it doesn't do anything. Nothing starts, but it doesn't lock up as I can interact with the player. All my standard DVD rips work fine as do all of the HD DVD rips that i've thrown at it.

So in short, standard dvd and HD DVD seem to work fine on this while some Blu Ray rips may have trouble (as far as my collection goes).

The Blu Ray could be with the title though, just like when we had to change the xpl file for "Knocked Up" to get it to play in PowerDVD, but had to change it back for ShowTime. Maybe you have to tweak Fantastic Four to get it to work.

All in all a solid first attempt.

Are these from a folder or mounted ISO? I would think a mounted ISO would have more success perhaps?

O.k., that's good news. Thank you, digitalfreak and SamuriHL.

Is the program available for purchase online? I don't see it on their site.

No, not yet. It was supposedly going to be available today...

These are all from a folder. I just tried Superbad(Blu Ray) and it worked fine. The only difference I see among the 3 is that Superbad and Resident Evil don't have a BDSMV folder as Fantastic Four does.

Superbad and Resident Evil play fine while Fantastic Four 2 doesn't.

Ok, FF2 is BD+ so that's one I will check when I get home. I'll make an image of it which will take an hour or so after I get home and then I'll mount it to see if it plays.

Thanks Samuri,
So it looks like the Arcsoft player MAY have trouble with BD+ (folder rips at least) so that is something i'll be sending to Arcsoft. Hopefully, they can fix it.

No, not yet. It was supposedly going to be available today...

According to a post from one of the Arcsoft OEMs, Vidabox, it's been pushed back a week or two for more bug fixes. Also, supposedly the Vidabox version will have quicker and more frequent updates than the one Arcsoft will be selling. Kind of a strange situation all around.

I'm beginning to think that the version on their website was posted accidentally, though the page it's hosted on looks like a trial page.

Back