• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Best PDVD build to play BD/HD from drive

pjouy

Translator (fr)
Hello

I am quite lost with all these new builds from PowerDVD and AnyDVD.
So, I want to play my HD and BD discs from my drive (I don't care of playing them from my hard drive).
I currently have the 7.3.3304 build. Is there anyone better (still compatible with AnyDVD of course), which does not requires more than putting the disc in the drive, let AnyDVD HD do its job and play the disc automaticly, as it does today with the build I have?

Many thanks.

Why update ?

Do you have a disk that doesn't work ?

"Never change a winning team"

I agree, but I think new BD discs will require an update sooner or later... And I prefer to be ready instead of not being able to playback a disc... ;)

I have the following awkward situation...

I want to use cyberlink to playback unencrypted HD-DVD .evo files and BD .m2ts files from my hard drive.

I also want to be able to play back BD+ disks (not that I have any yet but I'm expecting to get some soon)

Does anybody know the number of the final version of PowerDVD 7.3 that still supported HD playback from the Hard Drive.

And when we have that build number, do we know what is provided in the way of BD+ support with that build, ie, will that build be able to play forthcoming blu-ray discs.

I'm trying to avoid upgrading to the new fascist versions of PowerDVD but not at the expense of BD+ support!

No one can say whether it will play future versions of BD+ discs as thats an impossible question to answer.
3319a should play just about everything thats out at the moment except new discs that will have profile 1.1 (I haven't got any of the new 1.1 profile discs so I can't check it)

No one can say whether it will play future versions of BD+ discs as thats an impossible question to answer.
3319a should play just about everything thats out at the moment except new discs that will have profile 1.1 (I haven't got any of the new 1.1 profile discs so I can't check it)

It plays the movie just fine but the profile 1.1 features obviously don't work. I tested it with War.

It plays the movie just fine but the profile 1.1 features obviously don't work. I tested it with War.

What does this mean? You are not able to play the disc at all, or you can't play the new profile's features such as bonus?

What does this mean? You are not able to play the disc at all, or you can't play the new profile's features such as bonus?

Huh? That's not what I said. The movie plays just fine. However, with any PowerDVD version lower than 3516, the profile 1.1 features won't work. No one seems to understand what the hell profile 1.1 and profile 2.0 actually MEANS. For some reason they get the idea that profile 1.0 players can't play 1.1 discs which is *NOT* true. Profile 1.1 adds picture in picture features that will be used on special features ONLY. So, as I said, PowerDVD 3319a plays the movie fine, but, does NOT play the profile 1.1 enabled special features. This wasn't any kind of surprise to me at all. 3516 plays them fine.

Well, whatever the issues are RESIDENT EVIL 3 will not play on the older PowerDVD but will on the latest version but then other movies will not play on the new version while others will play on both. Even on the new PowerDVD RESIDENT EVIL 3 is a choppy CPU hog but other movies play fine.

I don't have that one yet. I plan on getting the trilogy soon. Within a couple weeks definitely. I'm saving for a trip in a couple weeks so I can't buy much at the moment. I suspect we'll be getting a new PowerDVD version soon. You say it doesn't play at ALL in 3319a? Screw the profile 1.1 stuff, the regular movie doesn't even play? That's not the same experience I had with War.

This seems that we will need to update our versions of PDVD in a not-so-for day :(

Is there any way currently to actually watch Resident Evil 3, without constant freezes and without preventing me from watching other movies?

I have PowerDVD 3304, which won't play RE3 from disc (hangs with black screen at start). I ripped it to my HD, but then it plays in Spanish (same with PowerDVD and the Nero Showtime trial that I downloaded).

From this and other threads, my understanding is that newer PDVD builds will play RE3, but only with constant freezes, and the newer PDVD will lose compatibility with other movies which I can currently play (and that PDVD will also not be able to play ripped BluRay movies anymore, though I don't care about that as long as I can play from the actual disc).

Is there any solution currently that can play all current BluRay/HDDVD discs without playback problems?

In the meantime, I returned the RE3 BluRay rental and just got it on regular DVD.

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
plays fine with 3319a

all movies hd dvd and bd play fine from the -discs and hdd. except YUMA.

t7600 m1710 xps with 3gbram 7900gtx 512mb video toshiba hd dvd and panny bd-r drive.

Last edited:
Thanks. I guess my problem now is finding a safe place to download PDVD 3319 - Cyberlink apparently won't let you download old versions (or browse their FTP site), and the only download links I've seen are from pirate sites that I don't feel safe installing a program from.

I really hope that Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre (http://www.arcsoft.com/products/totalmediatheatre) comes out soon (I read that they were at CES demoing it, but still can't find any release dates). Maybe I will re-rent the RE3 BluRay disc and try it with the Asian trial of Arcsoft (http://arcsoft-jungle.jp/products/tme/trial.php).

Does anyone have any experience with 3319f?

sure, played everything that I threw at it pretty much except it don't play from the HDD.

so I downgraded to 3319a and haven't looked back.

they are pretty much identical except that 3319f has it's nutz cut off.

look for the 3319a unatended ver.

it's a 1 click install. if ya know what i mean.

and if ya don't.

walk on by

do PDVD versions >3319a also break the ability to run BD+ disks from the drive (not HDD)?

If AnyDVD is active, I would think yes because the later PowerDVD versions can't play BD+ protected discs that have had AACS removed.

Back