• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Format War?

James said himself that HD-DVD needs a miracle to survive now.

cheers Charlie, i've not been on for a while

here goes sumthin i recently found that makes it even worse for HD DVD......

Following Warner's lead, sister company New Line has confirmed that it will support Blu-ray Disc high def releases exclusively. New Line has previously delayed their day-and-date new releases on HD DVD due to the format's lack of region coding, effectively making titles such as Shoot 'em Up, Hairspray, and Rush Hour 3 exclusive to Blu-ray. Although a 2008 release slate for the studio has not been released, an announcement may be possible at this year's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.

Yes and my thoughts are that there is only one way to go now and that's Blu.

I personally would like to see both formats stay around, from here on.
Competition helps to keep prices down!
I'd love to have the new Samsung player, that plays both............. :)

The last thing consumers need is to be stuck with Blu-Ray, and locked to that format alone.

Not to worry there still is SD's. :D So you're not locked.

What counts for me is: Can it be copied?
I am not interested in a disc format that cannot be played everywhere (region encoding) or copied. What's so cool about a disc format that is being castrated by the companies? What's so cool about a format that suits the companies' needs and not MY needs?
It appears to me that I live in a world of happy slaves (yeah, the biggest oppressor wins, let's all join him!).

R.I.P. HD-DVD :(

But the worst thing is that BD+ has not been cracked until now and I consider it doubtful that it will happen in the next time.
Nevertheless I am waiting with bated breath until James will scream "Eureka!" and BD+ is no longer a problem! :D

Back