• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Converting DVR-MS to MP4

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jameredith

Does anyone know if CloneDVD Mobile can take Microsoft Media Center DVR-MS files and convert them to MP4 files to view on the iPod? Thanks

Hi,

I started a project 3/4 years back called DVRMSToolBox / GraphRenderer - all seemed promising.... my idea was to convert DVR-MS file to xvids......

I passed the project on as there was no reliable way to convert DVR-MS files consistantly... The program first had to create an MPEG from the DVR-MS file - easy, the problem was that the resulting MPEG file had problems with audio syncing.

A DVR-MS file is audio and video in two seperate streams with a timing data stream. When creating an MPEG the audio and video were simply combined and the timing data was not used hence audio sync issues.

I blabbering on.......but basically forget it. At this moment in time I can safely say it is impossible to go directly and reliably to another format with one exception...Movie maker in Vista (Vista only) allows you to go to WMV with no audio sync errors...... How useful!

DVR-MS is a right pain and only if the open source community create a suitable multiplexor (combine audio and video) that uses the timing data stream then will it be Ok to convert to MPEG and the MP4 and that was above my skill-set.

:(

cad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back