• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Audio Sync Problems

I have some code that seems to fix the audio sync errors for me. I pm'd the download to Peer from slysoft.

I just checked that code - it simply adds

-delay 0.1

to the options (always 0.1 - not variable, it's hardcoded).
So it is actually the same fix I suggested in some other thread.
I don't mind adding that option generally if it fixes the problem.

I've pmd the code in question - can you confirm that the code sent is just doing 0.1ms offset?

I've pmd the code in question - can you confirm that the code sent is just doing 0.1ms offset?

That's what I was writing, yes.
And it does it always, no matter what input you pass in...

EDIT: concerning the code snippet you just sent: that doesn't seem to be related to the delay at all.
BTW: I don't think there is a problem with posting small code excerpts in the forum, PM should not be neccessary.

Last edited:
This is a mess ..... so it is just another hack.

.... :confused:

It may be worth including in the app with a checkbox or an editable drop down with options.... but it does seem to be a sticky plaster....

the code is not mine but your call on posting it.

yes you are right about the code snippet - why was I hooked on that...!!!

So all mencodersh.exe does is delay by 0.1ms !

..... I have to go now - I will defer to your knowledge as I am ofcourse very unfamiliar with all this....

I'll continue to keep stabbing at this ..... it is such an annoying problem

..... :(

cad

Peer,

Thanks for putting the fix into the latest release. Don't shoot me down but how come you put in the 0.1 second delay by default and not as:

a) a post processing option akin to PocketDivXEncoder
b) a check box to apply 0.1ms as part of the default processing
c) a & b only displayed if producing AVIs

yours

cad

Peer,

Thanks for putting the fix into the latest release. Don't shoot me down but how come you put in the 0.1 second delay by default and not as:

a) a post processing option akin to PocketDivXEncoder

Because postprocessing requires remuxing and adds a significant encoding time penalty.

b) a check box to apply 0.1ms as part of the default processing

Simply because my experiments showed that mencoder seems to have a bug that causes it to be off this slight 0.1s always, so this is meant to be a workaround for that misbehaviour.

Peer,

This is great news. Let's hope this one can be closed and if so I don't know of any other one stop software that will be able to go from DVD to AVI reliably...I'll do an encode and test right now..... :)

Out of interest, where did you find the details of the bug in memcoder? And another thought, do you think that it is the case that only some people notice the problem as I would guess that the bug would be consistant for all users? I would love to know what memcoder is doing wrong to have a consistant 0.1ms error.

yours

cad

Peer,

This is great news. Let's hope this one can be closed and if so I don't know of any other one stop software that will be able to go from DVD to AVI reliably...I'll do an encode and test right now..... :)

Out of interest, where did you find the details of the bug in memcoder? And another thought, do you think that it is the case that only some people notice the problem as I would guess that the bug would be consistant for all users? I would love to know what memcoder is doing wrong to have a consistant 0.1ms error.

You pointed me to the fix with using pocketdivxencoder (thank you for that) which simply did the same thing.
So I asked myself, why they always use this .1s offset, and I ran mencoder over a pile of DVDs with PAL and NTSC material. The offset appeared to be constant though always hardly noticeable.
I can't tell you exactly what causes it, but it is probably some error in preloading and buffering.

This leads me to your 2nd question: I'm one of those who wouldn't care at all. This sound offset is so tiny that I only notice it, when really looking for it.
I'm sure most users either don't see it or don't get bothered by it...

Peer,

Thanks for the reply. Time will be the test here. My first encode with the new version is good ......one down.........

cad

Just wated to bump this one up the list again - is anyone getting any audio sync problems anymore with the latest version?

Hi All

I have just purchased CloneDVD, CloneDVD Mobile and AnyDVD.

I was silly enough not to properly try the software before purchase.

I am trying to convert "Pirates of the Caribbean World's End" DVD to use on my iPod Nano.

I have converted several times, with deinterlace on and off, with and without letterbox zoom and with and without cinemascope zoom. I have tried running the software on three differnt computers (a Pentium D 2.8 3Gb RAM, AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 1 Gb RAM, running parallels on a Mac Pro with 1Gb RAM - Windows XP SP2 in each case).

Every time I convert using CloneDVD Mobile the audio is lagging behind the video.

I loaded one of the converted files into Logic Pro 8. There is a part of the film (at around 57mins) where one pirate hits another on the head with the butt of a gun - a very easy sound to hear and action to see. In Logic Pro I can see that there is a delay of .2 second (200 ms).

I have read this thread and can only assume I am doing something wrong since everybody else now seems happy.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can point out my mistake(s)!!

Also, Happy New year to all!

Hi Again

I should have mentioned that I have also tried ripping to HD first using AnyDVD and then using ClondeDVD mobile on the rip - still have the same delay problems though :(

Need More Info

@Firemoth,

1) Can you tell us which profile you are using from the first screen of CloneDVD Mobile?

2) Does the A/V sync delay appear to remain constant throughout the video or does it get progressively worse as the video plays?

3) Are you comfortable changing an .ini file if I give you some changes?

~KnoWei

Hello KnoWei

Thanks for the incredibly fast reply!

1) Profile is iPod Video
2) Yes it appears to remain constant
3) Very comfortable changing settings

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

I tried MP4 and the audio was out of sync. The devices.ini file for iPodNano does not have the audio offset of 0.1ms.

For example if you open

C:\Program Files\SlySoft\CloneDVDmobile\Devices.ini

and see

[* Generic (DivX)]
mopts=-audio-preload 0.8 -delay 0.1 -lameopts br=%abrate%

note the delay of 0.1 - thats an on purpose delay of 0.1ms

for the ipod the delay is not present.

The 0.1ms seems to be an issue with memcoder which is opensource and used by CloneDVDMobile. Give it a go and try to edit the file. Do a small clip to test..... I know that an obvious thing to say...

cad

Thanks for the incredibly fast reply!

No problem. Just happened to be browsing by. However as CAD points out the iPOD profile in the Devices.ini file does not have a delay in it. Unfortunately all I can tell you after doing a good bit of reading over at the MEncoder site and a few other places is that I don't think there is anything you can do to tweak the audio settings on the FAAC codec which is being used in this profile. I was hoping to give you some settings to either go to a constant bit rate or, as CAD was I'm sure thinking, to have you nudge the audio delay as is done in the Generic DiVX profile.

If you are feeling really brave and have some spare time you could try a different codec. I don't know what an iPod is compatibile with as far as the audio stream in the .mp4 file goes. But the lame codec does give you some flexibility to play around with audio delay and CBR settings which definitely can help with sync issues. If you do this would you report your findings back here please? I'm going to be working with a Nano before January is out.

And if I may co-opt your issue for just a moment... I'd like to thank CAD for previously dogging the A/V sync issue. :clap: I read all 150-odd posts of this thread about a week ago and I know it was an arduous journey he's been through trying to scare out the a/v sync ghosts that seem to haunt some of us.

Hi Guys. New on here. I very happy with Slysofts software (AnyDVD and CloneDVD) but I seem to be having the same problems as everyone else on here. But on anything converting to any MP4 setting?????? Avi seems fine.

Any idea's??????????

Just wanted to bump this one up the list again - is anyone getting any audio sync problems anymore with the latest version?
Only with XviD profile that I bodged up for myself - not with the released profiles (nor with using my own modifications to Generic DivX and WMV experimental). Still working on the XviD ;)

So .... are avis (Generic DivX) still off - have you paid for the software? If so, log a support call with all the possible details. If you get pushed back then carry on pushing...

Can you put a clip up on the web for slysoft to access?

cad

Back