• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slow ripping using CloneDVD2 - 2.9.1.2

RPLC1976

Hi

I have recently rebuilt my media centre and put a new DVD/CDRW RICOH MP9060 into it.

I tried ripping a DVD just now and it said it was going to take over 30 minutes! I tried the same DVD on my normal PC and that said approx 10 minutes.

The DVD drive is on it's own IDE cable and channel. I have swapped IDE cables with the cable the has the OS Disk on it, just in case there was a problem with the cable. The machine boots just the same but the ripping is still very slow. The drive is jumpered as MASTER. Should it be CS?

I have flashed the DVD drive to the latest I could find - 1.90 but it's still very slow.

Have I just choosen a SLOOOOW drive or is there something in the BIOS or within Windows that I have missed? I've checked that DMA support is on for that IDE channel.

Any ideas as I rebuilt this media centre so that it would be easier for me to rip DVDs.

Cheers

Robin

Hi

I have recently rebuilt my media centre and put a new DVD/CDRW RICOH MP9060 into it.

Have I just choosen a SLOOOOW drive

Yes, it has a 4x dvd read speed. I have no idea how you even found a new one. That drive is ancient.

Mmm....that will explain things.

Cheers.

Can you recommend a decent DVD/CDRW combo drive please?

Thanks

Robin

@ RPLC1976,

Why do you want a Combo Drive? Suggest reviewing exactly what a Combo Drive actually is ->

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combo_Drive

Suggest up-scaling your search to a modem up to date DVD Bruner. The Pioneer DVR-112D, Pioneer DVR-115D, and Samsung SH-S203N are excellent DVD Burners. Suggest reviewing CD Freaks, CDRInfo, and CDRLabs Web Site reviews for detailed information.

Regards,
Coaster

Back