• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't read some DVDs

Some dvds play and others don't. any one got any ideas. Thanks oooops.

I would say this is the key part of the post. "Some" play and "Some" don't.
Try uninstalling the drive and reboot as suggested by TPlat. If that doesn't solve the problem I would say you have a failing drive.

try just one title instead of allthe titles. I had prob. trying to do all titles but no problem with main title

Webslinger, Thanks Tried your suggestion still didn't work. Happy with anydvd
and 1click, think you could be right about Reader/ burner. Do those Laser cleaners work?

I once had a problem similar in nature however my IDEE drive was slowly going south when I noticed the burned movies would freeze throught the copy then I couldn't read DVD's known to be in good shape

I had no problems with CD's only with DVD's there are several lasers in use for different formats and the DVD +R marginally worked and the DVD-R would not

I investigated different drive problems then decided the drive was worn out after lens cleaning didn't help.

I now use an external serial drive which out performed the IDEE drive (even when it was new) and is easily at hand on my desk top

I am on my second external drive as I have created quite a few back up copies (I let the grandkids handle the back ups which get scratched lost or broken) decent media Verbatim/TDK is somewhat inexpensive, performes well, and lasts as long as necessary

BTW a decent DL external drive capable of handling most anything is about $100 US depending on where you buy it

the truth

i wish that someone can give the solution to the problem, cause the "solutions" like..."clean your dvd unit" , "go to control panel and..." those options are not working, cause the truth is that in some DVD, they are putting more protections to avoid piracy, is not a problem of hardware, as far as i know there are 3 movies that can't be read it by a pc dvd unit (running with scissors, stranger than fiction and saw 3, but this last one it runs sometimes) so...for all those people who's are guessing with solutions like thata i mention before, try to read one or 2 of this movies in your computer and you will see that the problem is beyond hardware...until then, i will be looking for the solution (maybe a patch o something, but it have to be software for sure), or maybe someone can share it with the people with the reading dvd's problem (like me)...

good luck to everyone

(running with scissors, stranger than fiction and saw 3, but this last one it runs sometimes)

If your drive is working, it should read them. If yours can't, maybe it's time to buy a new drive-or return the defective discs.
These titles are working fine with Slysoft products (exclusively at least). Period.

It has been suggested to me that some drives may be incapable of reading the new sony stuff, but I haven't come across any.

Read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=885 fully

Last edited:
well...my dvd is brand new, i got 2 more laptops with dvd readers and external burners, that makes 6 pc dvd players, besides 4 more computers of friends...more than 10 players can't play this movies, that mean in every single computer that i test this movies...it just don't read it, and i got more than a 1000 movies and the players works pretty good with all the movies but those 3...anyway, i'll solve the problem soon or later...

thanks

well...my dvd is brand new, i got 2 more laptops with dvd readers and external burners, that makes 6 pc dvd players, besides 4 more computers of friends...more than 10 players can't play this movies, that mean in every single computer that i test this movies...it just don't read it, and i got more than a 1000 movies and the players works pretty good with all the movies but those 3...anyway, i'll solve the problem soon or later...

thanks

visit http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1712901&postcount=11

Some of the new Sony stuff is apparently unreadable in certain drives.

Some of the new Sony stuff is apparently unreadable in certain drives.

Which is why I only use Sony drives. They prolly test thier wierd stuff for playback on thier own drives. And I love that fact that I'm using thier own products against them. <EG>

-W

Also don't forget to download newest firmware.
Hope this helps,
Brad[/QUOTE]

where do you download firmware from?

thanks
Are you using the same disc for each attempt? It would be pretty coincidental but perhaps you have some bad copies.
I have 4PC's, each has 2 DVDRW's (PLextor-NEC-Lite-On) and they will all play those movies.

Which is why I only use Sony drives. They prolly test thier wierd stuff for playback on thier own drives. And I love that fact that I'm using thier own products against them. <EG>

-W

Sony drives are sometime made by Lite-on. All you're really doing by buying Sony drives is supporting Sony.

Granted, this is a standalone player, but visit an example where Sony is basically messing with its own customer: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1714873&postcount=30

Sony drives are sometimes made by Lite-on. All you're really doing by buying Sony drives is supporting Sony.

Understood.... but I still think they prolly test thier silly assed DVD schemes at least on Sony branded drives. Further.... you need to learn to *feel* the Dark Side of the Force more closely. ie There's something rewarding about using Sony drives for what Sony hates most. :D :D

-W

Last edited:
Back