• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Gears of War

DOH!

But it's not a total waste. We did learn a nifty way to help knock-out some difficult non-mapped games ;)

I'm insane I guess

God! MS must have some custom checking going along with Safedisk on this. The damn thing has stopped working again!!

Looking at the collection files I did yesterday and the 1000 launch one I did this morning, none of the sectors match. I think there is some completely random sector checking going on here. I could try adding another 1000 launch sector checks, but I think I'm going to be wasting my time.

Sorry Guy's and Gal's, but it's looking like the only answer for this particular title is going to be the Full Image mode. Better clear 7GB of space again :(

I tried!

regards, Marzz.

I set my macro to launch the game 10000 time while I slept and recorded it, made a map, and so far so good (still eats 800mb, but that's better than 7GB) if the maps are allowed to be posted here, I will post it so you all can try it. If that map doesn't work, I'll make a macro that does it 30000 and we'll get it eventually.

Can I get an official ruling about posting the .map and the .xml for the people that need it here?

I set my macro to launch the game 10000 time while I slept and recorded it, made a map, and so far so good (still eats 800mb, but that's better than 7GB) if the maps are allowed to be posted here, I will post it so you all can try it. If that map doesn't work, I'll make a macro that does it 30000 and we'll get it eventually.

Can I get an official ruling about posting the .map and the .xml for the people that need it here?

Strange thing I found while creating a 4000 collection file was it was no different from a 1000 launch collection file. A byte for byte copy! The map file I made from the 1000 launch was working and that's why I posted it here. But 12 hours later it was not. That's when I created the 4000 launch one and Nada! But I can't understand why the 1000 and 4000 were identical. It's like all the sectors needed were found, but they obviously were not. Anywayz... As for posting your created map and xml..... I posted mine a few post's back before I had to delete it cos it stopped working. I believe it's within the rules to do so. It's totaly related to Game Jackals operation and this thread. Go on! live dangerously ;)

Marzz

Give it a whirl

Strange thing I found while creating a 4000 collection file was it was no different from a 1000 launch collection file. A byte for byte copy! The map file I made from the 1000 launch was working and that's why I posted it here. But 12 hours later it was not. That's when I created the 4000 launch one and Nada! But I can't understand why the 1000 and 4000 were identical. It's like all the sectors needed were found, but they obviously were not. Anywayz... As for posting your created map and xml..... I posted mine a few post's back before I had to delete it cos it stopped working. I believe it's within the rules to do so. It's totaly related to Game Jackals operation and this thread. Go on! live dangerously ;)

Marzz

Ahh well, looks like i'm in the same boat. Profile fails after reboot, after creating it, it runs fine. Reboot and different sectors are selected apparently, not sure. Guess that's why we aren't meant to make profile maps eh :\.

Last edited:
SafeDisc seems to give Game Jackal more trouble than SecuRom, at least in my experience, and GoW is a SafeDisc version I haven't seen yet. Arrrrr.

But at least with this macro bit I finally managed to get Black and White and Mechwarrior 4: Mercs into GJ! :D

Posting the map is fine... it's nothing more than a text file with number in it so it should zip up well (the limit to the size a post attachment is small). You can also slim down the profile by changing the "10" on the first line of the map to "1". Also. If you are getting the insert error after a reboot, this may not be a sector issue. To check start the game and if the "update profile" option appears when you right-click the profile, then GJ has detected missing sectors. If not, then there is something else playing up.

Back