• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How's that 64 bit version coming?

All we need is a 32 bit installer, vista 64 will not run 16 bit programs

playing 16 bit programs on a high end os like vista is insanity...
32 bit installer sure, gj will install, gj however uses a driver, and that has to be recoded to be 64 bit.... that takes a fair bit of time (especially for vista)...

hell any installer that works. (screw vista, just for winxp lol)

I will only get vista if Forced to, by buying a new sys. and I dont plan on that, as i build my own! lol

gk

It kills me when I see all of this "screw Vista" mentality. I've been using Vista for a year now and have no complaints with the OS other than it still allows unsigned 32-bit drivers, the majority of which are unsigned because they don't work.

As for games, Vista forces DEP which shows that some games (ahem.. Railroads!) were coded like crap and are loaded with memory bugs that shouldn't be there to begin with. It's not Microsoft's fault when people cannot bother to run bounds checking tools on their source code.

I have vista, as well.

Theres a few things that i cannot install onto that system as well.
I dont like vista, more cuz of its feel, than for what it cant do.

(luckily i didnt get the 64 bit version tho)

I got the Business edition. I do have trouble installing some business software as well.....

and installing games is a chore.

I build my own systems usually, bought that one for work. Regret not just getting winxp(32) on it.

Some ppl have no issues, course, they are the type to only use whats in front of them.

I like utilities, games, and trying various programs to help me do whatever.

when the os wont let me install it, that irks me.

Yes, its the os that blocks it, as i have it installed on other systems, and it works Great.

I suppose its the Promises of, oh, the old stuff will work just fine, and the new stuff with work 10x better.... that if believed, falls short of expectations.

Whats funny... i remember when winxp first came out, not liking it as well....

i suppose it takes a few years for the patches to come in, and fix all the issues lol

gk

hell any installer that works. (screw vista, just for winxp lol)

installer is not the issue here, its the driver.. (sigh)

game jackal works fine on win xp (or are you referring to winxp64?)....

ok, now ppl arent even reading the TOPIC here....

*edit edit edit* yup, i edited my post. lets just leave it at...

If ya cant help, dont bother responding.

Last edited:
Me too. but i will instead, end up installing Linux, then running Virtual software, and switch back n forth between os's, take care of it then :)

gk

Should have when i rebuilt this system... but thought i would BUY winxp64 cuz it was a deal...now i know why it was a deal..lolol

gk

All I want for Christmas is . . .

Game Jackal 64 bit Vista edition

:agree:

Is it actually coming?

Its been months! Is there indeed going to be a 64 bit version or is this a subject for Mythbusters?

please tell me we will have this before they start making 128 bit cpus and versions of windows.

oh come on.. you have no idea how tricky it is making a stable 64 bit driver, esp for xp and then vista (slightly different design required for each os), one problem happens, and then it multiplies... its pretty tricky, leave them alone, im sure they'll announce progress as/when/if they make a milestone event in the development...

I am sure they are activly working on this as there is allot of 64 bit users out there now.

The plan is for it to be included in v3. A beta is scheduled for release in Jan/08

well, thats some good news...

now, heres the question.... i have two licenses right now...(that i cant use) are they forever ? or do i have to pay for the new version?

thanks! (no, no rush on the answer.....it wont matter til v3 lol)

gk

:clap: That is great. I forget how many years I have had Game Jackal and have not used it much since it did now work with XP 64.

Looks like we are going to get a late Christmas gift.

And to think I just stopped by to see if Game Jackal worked with Vista 64, and I find out my XP 64 will work soon.

Back