• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.2.0.0 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6200.exe

6.2.0.0 2007 11 19
- New: Installer now terminates processes using ElbyCDIO
- New: Added LBA to dirlist.txt for debugging
- New (DVD): Added more debugging information of AI Scanner
- Change (DVD): If logging is enabled, AI Scanner is set to "Deep Scan"
for better debugging
- Fix (DVD): CSS and APS problem with certain discs,
e.g. "Hairspay", US
- Fix (DVD): AI Scanner could cause a "CloneSpec 0" error with Alpha-DVD
protected discs, e.g. "Mr. & Mrs Smith", Germany
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

6.2.0.0 2007 11 19

Hallelujah!!!

This should cut down on problems people have with that file when updating.

I always exit AnyDVD and other Elby or Slysoft software before updating and have never had the problem, personally.

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6200.exe

6.2.0.0 2007 11 19
- New: Added LBA to dirlist.txt for debugging
- New (DVD): Added more debugging information of AI Scanner
- Change (DVD): If logging is enabled, AI Scanner is set to "Deep Scan"
for better debugging
- Fix (DVD): CSS and APS problem with certain discs,
e.g. "Hairspay", US
- Fix (DVD): AI Scanner could cause a "CloneSpec 0" error with Alpha-DVD
protected discs, e.g. "Mr. & Mrs Smith", Germany
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

Is it ok to run "deep scan" with logging off, or should the settings be left at "default" if not logging?

Is it ok to run "deep scan" with logging off, or should the settings be left at "default" if not logging?

I hadn't noticed that line in the changelog. Damn... I always leave logging on these days.

Would it be possible to add an option for this setting, James? I mean to allow logging always on and default settings and then another option for logging on and it doing deep scan?

I hadn't noticed that line in the changelog. Damn... I always leave logging on these days.

Would it be possible to add an option for this setting, James? I mean to allow logging always on and default settings and then another option for logging on and it doing deep scan?

theres a good idea:agree:

Sure, set it to whatever you like. ;)

Actually, upon further reflection when reading the release notes again I'm unsure of how to interpret it. Does this mean that the LOG file info is scanned with the A.I. Scanner set to deep scan however having AnyDVD using the A.I. Scanner set to default - regardless of the logging being enabled - when ripping a disc it uses the default setting?

I'm probably way overthinking this...

Actually, upon further reflection when reading the release notes again I'm unsure of how to interpret it. Does this mean that the LOG file info is scanned with the A.I. Scanner set to deep scan

Yes, that is all what it means. Enable logging always results in AI deep scan.

Last edited:
Looks like only the HD forum gets the release notes... :D

-W

Sure, set it to whatever you like. ;)

Thanks, James

BTW: just ripped (Hannibal Rising) and (1408) US versions w/ "deep scan" on
and latest beta 6.2.0.0 with no problems;):bowdown:

Last edited:
Thanks, James

BTW: just ripped (Hannibal Rising) and (1408) US versions w/ "deep scan" on
and latest beta 6.2.0.0 with no problems;):bowdown:

Well... you "may" set the scanner to anything you like, but I would leave it at default settings...

Well... you "may" set the scanner to anything you like, but I would leave it at default settings...

I'll go back to default settings. I just had to test it once:D..thank for the reply8)

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 Limited Edition worked great with AnyDVD (6.2.0.0)

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.2.0.0)
HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4482B 1.06 H.L.D.S.2006/05/04
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1975808 sectors (3859 MBytes)
Total size: 3925379 sectors (7666 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: pi30nnw1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 8 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Sorry if this sounds dumb... but...

It's my understanding that you recommend that the AI scanner always be set to the default setting ("Very Fast").

If the user has the AI scanner on Default (Very Fast) and has a problem, then enables logging and that changes the AI scanner to Deep Scan, won't that mean you won't be able to discover bugs or other problems relating to the AI scanner not working correctly? For example, if the AI scanner works properly on Deep Scan, but the user had a problem with the AI scanner set to default (Very Fast), how will you be able to see the problem?

Sorry if this sounds dumb... but...

It's my understanding that you recommend that the AI scanner always be set to the default setting ("Very Fast").

If the user has the AI scanner on Default (Very Fast) and has a problem, then enables logging and that changes the AI scanner to Deep Scan, won't that mean you won't be able to discover bugs or other problems relating to the AI scanner not working correctly? For example, if the AI scanner works properly on Deep Scan, but the user had a problem with the AI scanner set to default (Very Fast), how will you be able to see the problem?
I can re-run the scan with the files from the AnyDVD_Info files with any scan setting I like, but the source files must be made with deep scan.

Back