• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

GameJackal v2.9.18.608 beta

Tom

Redfox Team Member
Staff member
GameJackal v2.9.18.608 beta is available:
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/gj/SetupGameJackal.exe

Release v2.9.18.608 - beta
  • Updated profile import / export functionality.
  • Improved driver stability and performance.
  • Fixed a bug with the driver that could cause image mode to work incorrectly.
  • Profiles now automatically lock when first captured.

no matter how many times i update my profiles, it always says there are "missing sectors detected". does this actually impact the performance of my profiles, or is it just GJ not updating itself properly.

no matter how many times i update my profiles, it always says there are "missing sectors detected". does this actually impact the performance of my profiles, or is it just GJ not updating itself properly.

Basically GJ is detecting the game trying to access data (i.e. a sector) that is not in the profile. This doesn't mean that the profile doesn't work.

However the more sector data GJ has... the more reliable and faster profiles will perform. By updating the profile, you are populating the profile with the sectors that have been detected as missing.

Depending on the copy protection... this may or may not be an issue. For example, with later versions of Safedisc it is important to have every sector required (which can be difficult as they hit random sectors each time the game starts). For Securom it is not so important as it is happy to move on if a sector cannot found (with in a certain limit).

Hope that helps ;)

that info was awesome, thanks,

however, i am still having problems maintaining all the sectors in my profiles, as they do not stay complete, this is not to say that they're not working, it's just that no matter how many times i update, the profiles is never registered as complete.

Do I have to create a full image profile for CoD4 or will the mini image/profile work ok?

that info was awesome, thanks,

however, i am still having problems maintaining all the sectors in my profiles, as they do not stay complete, this is not to say that they're not working, it's just that no matter how many times i update, the profiles is never registered as complete.

This is not an issue as long as the profile is working.

Do I have to create a full image profile for CoD4 or will the mini image/profile work ok?

Just create the profile as normal (i.e. do not check image mode).

I don't know if this will help anyone but i have found this useful for my profiles.
I am currently using beta version 2.9.18.607, my profiles are locked and running fine, but on randomn sessions i am asked to insert the correct game's CD/DVD and restart the game. When this happens i quickly right click in the GJ TRAY icon on taskbar and immediately select to deactivate the current running profile, i make sure i am quick at this. After hitting deactivation i then go into the GJ again, select that profile to run that did not work and the profile runs fine without errors. I wonder, has anyone else noticed this?? Matt what do you think about this??

Ok one more thing, about this new version where profiles automatically lock when first captured. What if further captures are required, you have to hit unlock, or is there somewhere where you can select as an option if you want lock or unlock to be automated on profile creations as a default?

Last edited:
I don't know if this will help anyone but i have found this useful for my profiles.
I am currently using beta version 2.9.18.607, my profiles are locked and running fine, but on randomn sessions i am asked to insert the correct game's CD/DVD and restart the game. When this happens i quickly right click in the GJ TRAY icon on taskbar and immediately select to deactivate the current running profile, i make sure i am quick at this. After hitting deactivation i then go into the GJ again, select that profile to run that did not work and the profile runs fine without errors. I wonder, has anyone else noticed this??

Sounds like a timing issues to me (this is pretty important with securerom games . . .). So maybe the first time when the game doesn't load, something is running in the background that makes the load process take a little longer than normal (maybe the Game Jackal application is taking a little longer to load the first time; but the second time it's already loaded, so launching the profile will be a little quicker). That would be my guess anyway.

Ok one more thing, about this new version where profiles automatically lock when first captured. What if further captures are required, you have to hit unlock, or is there somewhere where you can select as an option if you want lock or unlock to be automated on profile creations as a default?

Yes... you need to unlock the profile. It will then remain locked until you manually lock it again.

Back