• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CARLITO'S WAY won't rip

burnitall

Hey i gathered up the info you request to resolve the issue i saw in posting rules so here it is:

ANYDVD VERSION: 6.1.1.4
DVD TITLE: carlito's way (ultimate edition)
REGION: 1
RELEASE DATE: sept. 13th 2005
OPTICAL READER/WRITER: HL-DT-ST DVD+- GSA-H21N
OPERATING SYSTEM: winxp 2002, sp2
ERROR MESSAGE: with and without safe mode enable on anydvd
- dvd shrink 3.2 (dvd shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. failed to read file "D:\" incorrect function.)
- clonedvd 2.9.0.3trial (processing error: D:\VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_7.VOB: read error, incorrect function. - File 1 D:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_7.VOB 1 TCSectorReader)
- nero recode also had incorrect function error
- anydvd ripper also could not complete the process
OTHER OPEN APPS:eek:nly anydvd in taskbar, and program thats ripping
SEARCH:i tried to find info on this dvd to no avail in the forum search
BURNING APPLICATION: nero 7 premium
BLANK MEDIA: memorex dvd-r 4.5 gb
BURN SPEED: 4X
- not that the burning info will do anything since i cannot rip the dvd in the first place, sorry for not stating the specific errors for nero recode and anydvd ripper but that would take another hour for me to get hopefully this is plenty of info so i can get this resolved-

you might try ripping the movie to hard drive with anydvd then burning. might help Im no pro.:doh:

Have you tried copying the movie to your hdd with AnyDVD Ripper?

hopefully this is plenty of info so i can get this resolved-

Thank you for giving most of the information I requested. You should not need to enable safe mode. But we would especially like step 8 when posting problems:

8 ) Click the red fox icon in your system tray. Select "status" on the left hand side of your screen. With the problematic disc inserted in your computer, click the appropriate drive tab letter (the drive containing the disc) in Anydvd. In the window below the drive letter, copy and paste the information Anydvd gives you in your post asking for help.

That said, there may be an issue with the original disc. Have you tried exchanging it?

I'm not aware of an issue with Anydvd and Clonedvd with this movie.

Last edited:
extra info

hey, thanks for the replys so far, and yea I have tried to rip it to the hard drive to then burn same errors occur, the error comes up at about 84% in the analysis in dvd shrink. I just purchased anydvd to back up my dvds, and I purchase this one when it came out, so I don't think I'll be able to go and try replace the disc by now. I hope we can figure this one out.

but heres the status anydvd shows:
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.1.4)
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H21N A105 06/04/28
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2055840 sectors (4015 MBytes)
Total size: 4095362 sectors (7998 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: CARLITOS_WAY
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

but heres the status anydvd shows:
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.1.4)
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H21N A105 06/04/28
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2055840 sectors (4015 MBytes)
Total size: 4095362 sectors (7998 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: CARLITOS_WAY
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Since the latest versions of Anydvd/Clonedvd2 have no issue with this tile this "read error" that's being reported is likely indicitive of the fact the disc either needs to be cleaned or replaced--especially if you're able to backup other movies in your collection without issue.

There's no issue with the disc and the current versions of Anydvd and Clonedvd

Back