• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to Backup DVD Movie without Director's Comments

lugesm

It seems that every time I try to back-up a DVD movie that has "Director's Commentary" as a menu option in the original disk . . . . the only audio copied and playable on the new disk is the "Director's Commentary." :( It almost appears as if this is the only version of the audio is copied.

Does anyone know of a way to get around this and eliminate the "Director's Commentary" in backed-up DVD movies?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

this happened to me too when I tried to copy MI3 with AnyDVD & CloneDVD ... no matter what options I tried !

Help !

I have experienced this also in the past. When you open Clone DVD, click on Copy DVD Titles, not Entire disc. Select main movie only and then de-select director's comments.
Also had success ripping with AnyDVD by itself.
Sure there are other fixes that might even be better, but both the above works for me.
Hopes this helps.

thanx, but how can you be sure that you get the whole movie and audio, I can't tell how to identify the various titles to keep and those to delete ... both video and audio. The menu system on MI3 was very confusing !

CloneDVD defaults to the "directors comment" audio file on some movies (intentional on the part of the manufacturer, no doubt!) Try unchecking all but the ac3 audio and saving to hard drive instead of burning. Then check it out. If ac3 isn't the one, it's one of the others..good luck.

Mr. Mrs. Smith

I have experienced the same problem, but only once with Mr/Mrs Smith. It seems no matter how many combinations of deselecting various audio tracks, it still played with the comments!

Back