• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD Does It No Longer Work

Daggers

Hi All

I'm a NooB to the Blue Ray market and so far only have a few movies which have all succesfully been watched through my PC using a Lite-On BD B LH-2B15 Drive, AnyDVDHD and Cyberlink PowerDVD player, all of these have the current software versions and the latest firmware versions.

Recently I just bought three new titles, Spiderman 3 Region A, Halloween Region A, and Hostel Part II Region A. My problem is all three titles will not play with AnyDVD reporting the following error when trying to read the disc;

Summary for drive J: (AnyDVD 6.1.8.6)
LITE-ON BD B LH-2B1S AL09 R___
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 21118624 sectors (41247 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: HOSTEL_2
Media is AACS protected!
Failed to send host key!
ERROR processing Blu-Ray disc!

Now I did run a search on your forums for a related problem but could not find an answer to my particular problem, the only thing I could find was that there seems to be a new form of protection on the disc's that seems to be stopping the movies from being ripped.

Myself I have no wish at all to rip the DVD's I just want watch them on my PC and enjoy full HiDef content as it's meant to be watched, am I right in now thinking that from now on, I am going to be denied the experience as a genuine watcher because of copy protection, therefore resulting in me having to fork several hundred more pounds for a stand alone hardware player that at present I did not want to buy, (way too expensive in the UK yet).

If anybody nows of a solution to my particular problem can you please help, because my Blue-Ray collect of unplayable movies is steadily rising and costing me a lot of money.

You must be using either a non HDCP compliant screen or graphics card if you needed to use AnydvdHD. And if that is so then at them moment any discs using the new AACS encryption won't work. It doesn't matter whether you're trying to rip them to your hard drive or watch them through a none HDCP compliant system the AACS still needs to be circumvented

Hardware specs

Thanks for your reply, but this problem as only just begun to happen on the last three titles I listed, I have a further 9 other Blue Ray titles that work or did work fine ( I'll try later to check).

All my hardware was specifically bought and checked to be HDCP & HDMI compliant, which includes;

Veiwsonic 32" HD Ready LCD TV with HDMI interface HDCP Compliant
ASUS Geforce 8800GTX with HDMI output fully HDCP compliant
Lite-On BD B LH-2B15 Blue Ray/DVD Combi Recorder and Rom Drive HDCP Compliant
Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme
Asus Striker Extreme Mobo
4Gb Corsair Dominator Memory
Creative X-Fi Audigy Sound Card

My only reason for purchasing AnyDVDHD was to remove the region coding because I buy most of my disc's from the USA (it's the old change it 5 times and it becomes locked in firmware to the last region), So although I do believe that my equipment is HDCP compliant it appears that with the new AACS copy protection all genuine owners of the disc's are now screwed for watching them on a PC until somebody circumvents the latest copy protection.

What pi**es me off is that the manufacturers of the Blue Ray equipment don't sell you their gear with a warning sticker saying "Oh by the way thanks for the £400 but you can't use it to watch movies", so now I have got a £400 glorified DVD burner.

Life Sucks.

Last edited:
Turn AnyDVD HD off and try it without it running. I bet the new titles contain BD+?

Hey Charlie

Tried that too and they still wont play, I get a small message in the top left of PowerDVD that says Prohibited.

Whats BD+ is that more copy protection.

Tried that too and they still wont play, I get a small message in the top left of PowerDVD that says Prohibited.

Whats BD+ is that more copy protection.

Yes newer and maybe more. I am not keen on all this yet on the BD/HD aspect so maybe someone could chime in here and help if all possible.

well going by the first post the discs have the new encryption. I don't have those particular discs, but all my new films FF4 Rise of the SIlver surfer, Surf's up From Hell all work with the latest Powerdvd Build 3319a. You might want to check your version, and also download the system checker from cyberlink to see what it reports.
Also the Player doesn't get locked after 5 changes for Blu-ray, it's only the software that locks, there is a post on here somewhere that tells you how to get round this. I know in Vista the file you need to delete is in C:\program data\cyberlink\powerdvd and is called CLDShowX.ini. When this file is deleted it resets the BD changes back to 5. This is not the same as region changing for DVD's which is locked to the drive

Last edited:
Thanks Adbear

Thanks AdBear

I tried the cyberlink tool (BD Advisor) which reports no problems and says my system should play fine (see link below)

Here

As for the version of PowerDVD I am using version 7.3 Ultra, AnyDVDHD version 6.1.8.4 and the latest firmware update for my player.

One thing I have noticed though is since I have updated all my software and firmware the older Blue Ray films that did work are now not working, so I think I am going to un-install all the software clean up the registry and do some clean installs and try again.

I'd read thru the couple of powerdvd threads:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=8760
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=8766

The latest titles should play fine(?) using hdcp equipment and the latest powerdvd patch

Thanks Humpa I will give those links a read as well.

Not sure

AdBear

Not sure were to find that info, every time I pull up the about box it just shows version 7.3 Ultra, any tips on how to find the correct version number.

I have also gone to Cyberlinks site for the download and found a 3104 patch, thats the only download file available for the ultra version.

right click in poweredvd and go to 'about'
On the next screen click on your user name and it should bring up some information. Look down the list of info and there should be a line starting UI, whats written next to that?

or try this link to there updater checker

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/patch/index.jsp

but only works in Internet explorer

Last edited:
Found It

Thanks AdBear

Found it and it appears I am way behind on version 7.3.2911.0, I have tried searching the Cyberlink site for a version 3319a download but cannot find it. Do I need to contact their support staff for a download link.

Update

I just spotted that and tried it, funny thing is when I click on that link it says I need an update, but when the same thing happens when the program checks it says I don't.

Downloading the update now, will give that ago.

If you still have problems then you'll need to contact cyberlink support and get the full installer

Halloween Blu Ray Region 1 rips and plays OK. No problems.
AnyDVD 6.1.8.6 and PowerDVD 7.3 3104a.1

Back