• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

720p Playback Skips

jsgreen90

Playback of many recordede DVDs as backup works fine on my older 420p DVD player, but skips and/or just stops on my newer 720p/1080i DVD player.
Any insight on this issue?

Gary

Playback of many recordede DVDs as backup works fine on my older 420p DVD player, but skips and/or just stops on my newer 720p/1080i DVD player.
Any insight on this issue?

Gary

Some standalone dvd players just can't handle certain types of blank media no matter what.

1) Try better quality blank media. Try Taiyo Yuden 8x blanks. They tend to have a high rate of compatibility with standalone players.

2) If you're using +R media, ensure the booktype is set to "dvd-rom".

3) You might be burning too fast. Try burning at a lower speed

Last edited:
The "Newer" players seem to perform better if you use DVD/+ media. Also in
some past threads, many have stated that applying paper labels causes problems with playback. Hang in there, and good luck! :D

Back