• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

M9205 Player

Pelvis Popcan

So, it seems this is a Chinese player that is a "clone" of Oppo's 205 UHD player.

It's ~$1000.00. It has no optical drive, and doesn't decrypt. It's for playing ripped content.

The Oppo 205 has Sabre DAC's and analog audio outputs, and I don't see that on the M9205. The specs for this player say it has "Direct Function for Pure Analogue Audio Output", whatever that is... I don't see any analog audio outputs on the M9205. So it seems this player is really more of an Oppo 203 clone?

AFAIK, it doesn't trigger Cinavia or other watermarks. It can play ISO's and I'm assuming 4K Blu-Ray folder structures. Since it doesn't decrypt it doesn't have to conform to any decryption rules.

Wondering if anyone here has experience with this player and what their opinion of it is.

Rong of BD-MOD appears to have stopped selling Oppo mods and is instead only offering this player for $999.00 US.

Here it is on Ali Express (Dolby Vision support costs extra... Rong's price is lower):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256802744023962.html

I am wondering, if you connected an optical drive to the M9205, with a burned 4K disc inserted, if it could play back the copied disc.

Anyway, I still think a modded Oppo 203 or 205 player is the best, since it has the convenience of being able to play back purchased 4K Blu-Ray discs. Rong's mod allowed for region select, ISO playback, and Cinavia detection disabled.

I run the ClonOppo M 9205 its 01/2021 and for me there is nothing better.
Of course, it is a greatly reduced replica of the original Oppo 205.
There is only the base plate here, which has also been reduced to the essentials,
for use.
It plays all official and common file formats reliably and in one
absolutely best quality.
However, it is not usable for MKV DV files, as they are not an official one anyway
file format.
An external UHD drive is only detected over the network, but none
Original UHD/BD/DVD, but only copies without protection can be played.
It comes best with full copies as an iso file with complete support of the
Menus clear.
Here are some pictures:

01.JPG 02.JPG 03.JPG 04.JPG 05.JPG 06.JPG 07.JPG 08.JPG 09.JPG Own custom design.jpg

Thanks for the info!

So you're saying a burned 4K ISO (created/decrypted with AnyDVD) could be playable from a UHD drive shared on the network? But not plugged into the USB port on the M9205 player?

I know ISO files would be easier (and it's how most people do it), but they have to be stored on a HD, and HD's can fail. Optical discs have the best longevity.

Yes so is it. With a corresponding drive even the 3 layers UHD ́s. However, I am not of the opinion that the burning would be worthwhile for the reasons mentioned, also it is too expensive. A corresponding system with HDD ́S and backup is rather recommended.

@Darth Sidious which video and audio is supported on your 9205, for playback via external ssd on usb port?
for video .... FEL DV 7 DT DL? in which format (iso, bdmv, mp4, m2ts)

for audio....losless playback? atmos, dts, truehd, dts-hd, etc etc etc?

i have the opportunity to buy m9201.
i think m9201 is the same as m9205, in consideration with supported video and audio

All recognized container formats (Iso, MKV, MP4, M2TS and TS) are supported. All audio formats are also supported. Of course, the M9201 is basically the same as the M9205 in these characteristics.
On the other hand, it does not support MKV/DV or its hybriede because it is not an official standard. However, these can now be converted to ISO format, for example.

There is the M9205C, which apparently supports optical drives. It's unclear to me if it has a built in optical drive, or if you have to plug one in via SATA/eSATA/USB. (Note, the only reference I have for this is this post on an Italian web forum.)

BD-MOD.com lists several different players now, including the M9205C for $700. This is the only place on the Internet that I can find the M9205C, it doesn't appear on searches for it on AliExpress.

BD-MOD.com also lists at the bottom of their page (scroll down) the M9205 at their original price of $999. It has a separate PayPal link than the players on top. The regular M9205 player at the top of the page has a PayPal link for $600. On AliExpress, M9205 which supports Dolby Vision is in the $900 price range, and the one which doesn't is in the $700 price range, so I suspect that the two M9205 players (M9205 and M9205C) listed at the top of the BD-MOD.com page might not support Dolby Vision.

The big problem is that Rong (rong@hdlsl.com) is not replying to e-mails. So, I'm not sure if he is active or not. When you click the PayPal links, you can specify that the payment is for merchandise, so you should get PayPal's guarantee on it. If there's no tracking number, then you should be able to get your money back. But that doesn't mean you're going to receive anything if he isn't active.

Last edited:
The M 9205 does support DolbyVison. Your guess is wrong.

Mr. Rong is still active and e.g. via EBAY Classifieds (Lemke 699€) you can order the M 9205 very reliably. For me, he's the best player you should really afford.

Contrary to the other models, it has a completely different PCB layout and there are also differences in the firmware. Although the same firmware designation (OPPO65-0131 RU) can be found on all models, this firmware is divided into Oppo 203/205 inside. This is visible in the M9205 when compared to the other models. The user interface shows differences in the setting options and also in the playback quality there are positive smaller differences. I myself use two M9205 and never want anything else again.

Last edited:
I did not guess, I based this on this AliExpress listing:

m9205_ali_1.png

m9205_ali_2.png

m9205_ali_3.png

On BD-MOD.com, he lists the M9205 and M9205C on top, for $600 and $700 respectively:

bdmod_1.png

But, at the bottom of the page, if you scrol down, he lists it again for $999, with a separate PayPal link:

bdmod_2.png

This pricing structure seems to mirror the AliExpress listing. Otherwise, I don't know why he has this bottom listing at this higher price.

I've sent him a couple of e-mails asking about this, and he didn't respond. I didn't try the "PayPal" e-mail address.

Thanks for the link to kleinanzeigen.de, but that doesn't seem to be associated with eBay. I am in the USA and that site is for shipping only to Germany. So that doesn't really help me with regards to communicating with him, unless maybe I try setting up an account there and messaging him...

I've always been interested in a way to play burned 4K ISO discs, so the M9205C might be the best way to do that, if it really has or supports an optical drive. Just not sure if the M9205C supports Dolby Vision or not, based on the above.

Finally, Rong seems to have some kind of specialized, custom firmware for these players. On the top of BD-MOD.com, it says, "ALL MODEL HAVE HDMI IN,SUPPORT CEC,CAN PLAY BDMV BDISO,65RU JAILBREAK FIRMWARE INSTALLED."

So I don't know what his "jailbreak" firmware enables if you buy the player from him, as opposed to AliExpress or someplace else. For Oppo players, his firmware (which is no longer listed on BD-MOD.com, just the players now) supports region select, Cinavia disabled, and ISO playback. Region shouldn't be an issue on these since they don't play commercial discs, so that leaves Cinavia and ISO playback. (Do the players sold elsewhere like AliExpress enforce Cinavia for example?)

Anyway, I can't really ask him because he's not responding to e-mails. I'm hesitant to place an order via BD-MOD.com when I have unanswered questions (does M9205C player support Dolby Vision, does it have built in optical or do you have to attach one, what does jailbreak firmware enable, and is the listing at the bottom for the M9205 at $999 different than the ones at the top for $600 and $700, and if so how is it different).

Caution! Don't buy from AliExpress, there's something wrong! The Offer is also no longer visibler! I'm looking for more information and from Ebay classifieds Mr. Lemke tries to clarify this with Mr. Rong.

Last edited:
Mr. Lemke here.

I ship worldwide.

Will get 3 M9205+ soon …. Those who want one can contact me on eBay or Kleinanzeigen or here.

Hope to get more information soon, seller isn’t very communicative.

Cheers

Last edited:
Mr. Lemke here.

I ship worldwide.

Will get 3 M9205C soon …. Those who want one can contact me on eBay or Kleinanzeigen or here.

Hope to get more information soon, seller isn’t very communicative.

Cheers

Hi, Mr. Lemke. What is your name on eBay?

Ein 9205+ aus der kommenden Lieferung ist noch verfügbar, Sie können ihn haben für 1049 Euro, wenn er hier nicht verkauft wird werde ich ihn wohl in einem meiner eBay Konten inserieren oder bei eBay Kleinanzeigen verkaufen. —— One 9205+ from the upcoming delivery is still available, you can have it for 1049 euros, if it is not sold here I will probably advertise it on one of my eBay accounts.

Last edited:
Pictures 😊

Attachments

• IMG_0635.jpeg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    304.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0651.jpeg
    IMG_0651.jpeg
    402.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0649.jpeg
    IMG_0649.jpeg
    374.5 KB · Views: 13