• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[ Solved] Hulu Movies Greyed Out In Anystream

Admittedly I have a low subscription to Hulu but all the ones greyed out on mine says "Not available with your subscription in Red."

Yes, that is the bug/issue (assuming you're viewing that message in AS). If you were to browse your available content via web browser or app, you'd have access to [at least some of] those movies/shows. Certainly, some really aren't available with your subscription but, for whatever reason, a lot of them appear grayed out but should be available. The 'continue watching' workaround mentioned above seems to work though.

Yes, that is the bug/issue (assuming you're viewing that message in AS). If you were to browse your available content via web browser or app, you'd have access to [at least some of] those movies/shows. Certainly, some really aren't available with your subscription but, for whatever reason, a lot of them appear grayed out but should be available. The 'continue watching' workaround mentioned above seems to work though.
Since I got one of those 2.50 a month specials for a year sub, I just figured they were not available, I have to say though a lot of content is still available with my subscription. ( Yes that works) nice find.

Last edited:
Yes it is annoying, but a workaround has been discussed in a few topics on Hulu (including this one) where you go to a browser and start playing the movie and skip part way into the movie (maybe 10 minutes or so). Then go back to AS and F5 refresh the Hulu tab and the movie will show up in Continue Watching and you will be able to download it. :)

This tip would also be great in a Sticky, titled "Tip for Hulu Grayed-Out Titles that you know you have access to with your Hulu subscription"

This tip would also be great in a Sticky, titled "Tip for Hulu Grayed-Out Titles that you know you have access to with your Hulu subscription"
I will make sure it gets priority handling if possible. It would be great if someone could figure out how to make our dear customers read a sticky because all they want to do is post their issue and I can understand that. But in retrospect, if there was a sticky, that would be a great title. Thanks, Kerry. PS, since people do not read my sticky, I have deleted most if not all, if you would like to write one I would be glad to make it a sticky and give you all the credit.

I will make sure it gets priority handling if possible. It would be great if someone could figure out how to make our dear customers read a sticky because all they want to do is post their issue and I can understand that. But in retrospect, if there was a sticky, that would be a great title. Thanks, Kerry. PS, since people do not read my sticky, I have deleted most if not all, if you would like to write one I would be glad to make it a sticky and give you all the credit.

I could do that but I think @KevinS72 should do that and get the credit for it - it's his tip ;)

I could do that but I think @KevinS72 should do that and get the credit for it - it's his tip ;)

Actually I just repeat possible workaround that I have seen others post over the last several months. Someone else discovered the Keep Watching trick for the Hulu items that were disabled in the AS tab.

Way back when I had an issue logging into HBOMax via my cable provider, someone enlightened me about the Account page on HBOMax where if you set a password you could login directly without the 3rd party logon process. :)

Then we have the good posts about PiHole (that one is a sticky), plus the other issues caused by VPN, proxies and alternate DNS providers.
And the other tip of adding items of interest to your watchlist on the provider web page in a regular browser (or app) when they didn't show up using the search in AS. Although I don't think I've had issues with searches in a while. :)

Still greyed out on 1.3.1.2. Will try 1.3.2.0 tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the latest release there is less movies greyed out, in fact very few. I do not download a lot from Hulu since all their content is 720p but I do download a lot of their animation content. And most is downloadable in their max resolution. In fact, if you dig around a bit you can get all the movies that are greyed out to work. Sorry not much help but give the newest anystream a try.

Last edited:
Still not fixed in 1.3.2.0.
Sorry Don, I didn't bring this up, but I certainly will, I find that if I go to Hulu website and see a little lock, that means no matter what you do its not available with your subscription but with others that are greyed out you use that workaround, fast forward the movie in Hulu and go back to AS and its available. Its absolutely an issue and it will be dealt with.

Not fixed in 1.3.2.1. The greyed-out items are available via the web and their Roku app. See screen shots.

Additionally, there are now blank/empty spots where icons should be. Clicking in the black spot brings up the download dialog. See log.

Hulu AS.jpg Hulu Browser.jpg

Attachments

• Hulu AnyStream_1.3.2.1.astlog
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
You are 100% right Don, it’s the next thing I’m going to bring up , I do apologize for your inconvenience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back