• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[ Resolved] 1.2.6.1 Plus is limiting the resolution on Amazon downloads

VideoCollector

Example: The TV Series "Burn Notice". With version 1.2.5.0 episodes are available to download in 1920 x 1080. With 1.2.6.1 I am limited to 1280 x 720 and with lower quality audio.

NOTE: I have not tried NetFlix or other sources so I can't comment on whether any of those are affected.

I currently download a season at 1440x1080 on Amz de using 1.2.6.1. It is an older one so it comes with 192kb audio, but for the resolution it is still 1080p.
Have you tried to downgrade to 1.2.5.0 to confirm it? It sounds like you did, but I'm not entirely sure.

Code:
Width: 1 440 pixels
Height: 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio: 4:3

Format: AAC LC
Bit rate: 192 kb/s

Edit: Sadly I cannot check myself, it is not included for me.

Yes, I reverted back to 1.2.5.0 and then 1920 x 1080 once again becomes an available option. Interestingly, you are still getting lower quality audio as an option. In 1.2.5.0 I get the option of 640kbps DD+ 5.1 at a resolution of 1920 x 1080.

Yes, I reverted back to 1.2.5.0 and then 1920 x 1080 once again becomes an available option. Interestingly, you are still getting lower quality audio as an option. In 1.2.5.0 I get the option of 640kbps DD+ 5.1 at a resolution of 1920 x 1080.
In that case, please upload a logfile from both versions.
Install/ open 1.2.5.0, open the series and go till the download configuration window. Close it and create logfile.
Then go to 1.2.6.1 and do it again.

After that the devs may be able to see the reason and fix it or tell you why it is that way.

As requested, the attached ZIP file includes both log files.

Details: In both versions (1.2.5.0 and 1.2.6.1) I open AnyStream, select Amazon, the TV Series "Burn Notice", Season 1, Episode 1. In 1.2.5.0 I am presented an option to download at 1920 x 1080 with 640 kbps DD+ 5.1 audio. In 1.2.6.1 the highest quality option is 1280 x 720 with 128 kbps AAC-LC stereo audio.

Attachments

• Log Files.zip
    626.9 KB · Views: 4
1.2.6.1 is also no longer providing surround sound on Prime (Battlestar Galactica is now limited to 192kbs stereo when it had 640kbs 5.1 surround in 1.2.6.0).

Although I still have 1080p as an option.

You are right. After the series finished over night, I took a look at some others. All had 1080p, but not more than 192 audio. Reverting back to 1.2.6.0, I can see 640 again.

As requested, the attached ZIP file includes both log files.
Also in his logfiles there is not even an entry for the higher audio on 1.2.6.1, so AS seems to not even seeing it.
Btw: You can upload both logs individually, no need to create a logfile.

Sadly the series was already WIP before I heard about it so I now have lesser audio, but I'm not sure if I would download it again since there are other things that will get removed from Amz soon.

FYI: The audio I got in 1.2.6.1 was 192 AAC-LC-Stereo. Now I also can see some DD+ tracks, with the highest one being 224 DD+ Stereo. So it seems that AS can only see AAC now, no DD+ and surround anymore. Could it be something with the surround sound checkbox?

The issue with the surround has been resolved and the fix will be out with the next release/beta.
As to the resolution - I couldn't confirm it. However, this problem may well be related to that with surround, so I'd appreciate it if you check again after the next release.

As to the resolution - I couldn't confirm it. However, this problem may well be related to that with surround, so I'd appreciate it if you check again after the next release.
I visited a movie again, and it has the higher resolution now. So yes, it might be related.

More details: Got the movie using 1.2.6.1, read about the sound issue and went back to 1.2.6.0. There I could see a slightly higher resolution for this movie and some otheres and the same resolution is the one I can see now.

Back