• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems with all discs

BigJim3000

Hi all- Haven't posted here in a looong time.

So for the last couple of versions I am unable able to watch the copies I have made. The process finishes without errors, but the destination has pixelated boxes on it of various colors. This happens for any source I have tried. 10? and a couple of different medias. Any ideas?

Thanks

Not without a logfile and a more detailed process of what you're doing. Pixellation is usually due to 2 big contributing factors. Too much video compression (resulting in lousy quality to hit the target size), faulty discs

Not without a logfile and a more detailed process of what you're doing. Pixellation is usually due to 2 big contributing factors. Too much video compression (resulting in lousy quality to hit the target size), faulty discs

Did a partial copy of 'The Crazies' no subtitals, English, no bonuses, so no compression on 25 GB BR. I'm using BRs I've used in the past. Could they have gone bad??

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.9.0.THE_CRAZIES.cbdlog
    191.3 KB · Views: 1
  • beavere.JPG
    beavere.JPG
    205.7 KB · Views: 6
Disc rot is a real thing but uncommon. What brand of blanks are you using? Whats the MediaID (MID)? Have you tried doing a folder output and playing back the result before you burn it? If the folder output is fine, then CloneBD is doing it's thing good, and you have a disc problem.

I ripped to a directory and it worked great. I have Verbatims (I know a mixed bag, but they worked in the past for me). They claim 16x. What speed should I try to burn at? My WH16NS40 is only good for 12X.

So... its look like drive or discs eh?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unique Disc Identifier : [BD-R-SL:VERBAT-IMe-000]
Disc Type : [BD-R SL : Class 0 - Version 1]
Manufacturer Name : [Mitsubishi Kagaku Media]
Manufacturer ID : [VERBAT]
Media Type ID : [IMe]
Product Revision : [000]
Stamper Date : [March 2010]
Layer Info : [1 Layer (L0) : 25.03 GB (23.31 GiB) Per Layer]
Blank Disc Capacity : [12,219,392 Sectors = 25.03 GB (23.31 GiB)]
Recording Speeds : [1x , 2x , 4x , 6x]
[ DVD Identifier V5.2.0 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

Did you by chance firmware flash that NS40 for UHD compatibility?

So I used CloneBD to make an ISO. That played great on my PC. I used imgburn to burn that to a blank. That played great on my PC's bluray drive. However when I tried to stand alone players, I got the pixilation. Any thoughts? Where's that tracking adjustment!!! Thanks all.

Sounds like your stand alone doesn't like the media and is having trouble reading it.

This was bound to happen sooner or later with CMC's takeover of Verbatim. It's impossible to know for sure, but this could potentially be the 1st reported case of CMC quality discs but with the Verbatim MID kept.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I ripped to a directory and it worked great. I have Verbatims (I know a mixed bag, but they worked in the past for me). They claim 16x. What speed should I try to burn at? My WH16NS40 is only good for 12X.

So... its look like drive or discs eh?

Unique Disc Identifier : [BD-R-SL:VERBAT-IMe-000]
Disc Type : [BD-R SL : Class 0 - Version 1]
Manufacturer Name : [Mitsubishi Kagaku Media]
Manufacturer ID : [VERBAT]
Media Type ID : [IMe]
Product Revision : [000]
Stamper Date : [March 2010]
Layer Info : [1 Layer (L0) : 25.03 GB (23.31 GiB) Per Layer]
Blank Disc Capacity : [12,219,392 Sectors = 25.03 GB (23.31 GiB)]
Recording Speeds : [1x , 2x , 4x , 6x]
[ DVD Identifier V5.2.0 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

Very strange media identifier that I have never seen: IMe. This should be either MEI or CMC.

There's agood chance that these are fakes. I would switch to a reliable source making sure you don't get fakes.

They're not fakes. VERBAT-IMe (single layer) and VERBAT-IMf (double layer) are well known (at least to me) genuine Verbatim MID's used them for years and still do

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

So, every just suggest I buy some new blanks? Okay... what do you suggest? I know this is a loaded question!

Can't help you there. I stopped burning media years ago. NAS is the way to go. :D I'm not sure there's any "good" media left out there anymore.

I'm quite happy even writing with the LG drive ( which is not a good burner) with the printable Verbatim discs with this media code: CMCMAG-BA5-000.

CMCMag, is the crappy type MID always has been. CMC Magnetics are the ones that bought Verbatim. Those are actually good now? The ones i used in the past crapped out like there was no tomorrow. Wouldn't burn, if they did pixellated playback problems. The really good stuff VERBAT MID's, zero problems and yes on LG drives. I only use those

Well, Verbatim stopped to make discs with own production equipment. So in the future you won't find their media codes -if not fakes or discs that are sold under another brand because the quality checks didn't meet the expectations to sell them under the Verbatim brand. Single layer CMCs are OK. Double layer I still use MEI media codes from Japan. "If" I burn discs.

CMCMag, is the crappy type MID always has been. CMC Magnetics are the ones that bought Verbatim. Those are actually good now? The ones i used in the past crapped out like there was no tomorrow. Wouldn't burn, if they did pixellated playback problems. The really good stuff VERBAT MID's, zero problems and yes on LG drives. I only use those
We are just relying on scans with a LiteOn drive checking various disc MIDs burned with various drives. Nothing subjective or " I heard these discs are bad or good".

Back