• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Black Belt

bs.con

Hi!

I have a problem watching the DVD "Black Belt" from 2007. It's a german DVD, R2. The drive is set zu R2, too.

When I try to rip the DVD I get the message "Laufwerk r: is nicht bereit."

Many thanks!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.7.0_Info_Z_DVDVolume.ziplog
    116.1 KB · Views: 3
There's a small section of read errors on the disc, if the drive reads other discs fine then it's likely a dirty/defective disc. It's highly unlikely (but not impossible) to be a protection related issue due to the age of the title.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Hi!

I have a problem watching the DVD "Black Belt" from 2007. It's a german DVD, R2. The drive is set zu R2, too.

When I try to rip the DVD I get the message "Laufwerk r: is nicht bereit."

Many thanks!
Maybe that's because your disc is in drive Z: and not R:?
But I believe, that your disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective.

There's a small section of read errors on the disc, if the drive reads other discs fine then it's likely a dirty/defective disc. It's highly unlikely (but not impossible) to be a protection related issue due to the age of the title.

I have two identical (new) discs. Both have 6mm from the outer rim a ring. I think that's the copy protection.

Many thanks! :)

Maybe that's because your disc is in drive Z: and not R:?
But I believe, that your disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective.

Sorry, my fault. It's drive z: and not drive r:.

Many thanks!

Here I tried to take a picture of this ring... this ring ist on both DVDs.

Attachments

• BlackBelt_Ring.jpg
    BlackBelt_Ring.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 19
That's not a copy protection, that's a clear defect in the disc surface.

That's not a copy protection, that's a clear defect in the disc surface.

Really? It's identical on both discs. And the discs were sealed as I bought them.

And on the back cover there is a notice that the DVD is copy protected.

Many thanks!

Really? It's identical on both discs. And the discs were sealed as I bought them.

And on the back cover there is a notice that the DVD is copy protected.

Many thanks!

It is protected, by CSS (which stands for Content Scrambling System), but that's not a protection in your image. Thats a manufacturing defect, and a pretty obvious one. Just because they're new, doesn't mean they can't be defective. Commercial discs are pressed, not burned like on a home PC. All it takes is 1 spec of dust in the press and you have a few thousand defective copies.

Back