• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HM Search

Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, OS Build 19043.1237 here. Only things I've not been able to find are as mentioned Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, which I've not ever been able to find, and Real Time with Bill Maher. Other than that, everything I've searched for that I've found through justwatch.com has shown up for me.

It seems very hit and miss. Not sure if it has to do with the OS version or something more random. But for me is fairly hosed and unreliable. Just something that needs some polish, I am sure RF will take care of it. They always do.

I had a similar issue where a search results line of items appeared, but it did not contain the searched for item.
After a machine reboot (and a few hours) it works as it should for The Blind Side and She's All That and Taken 2.
All failed prior even with app restart, logout-login, sacrifice of small furry mammals, etc.

I notice that some search strings seem case significant, i.e., for me "The Blind Side" works but "the blind side" does not.
In fact, "The blind side" works, but "the blind side" does not.
Does not seem to work the same for "she's all that" which seems case insignificant.
Now nothing works. Again.
Bah Humbug! Something strange is going on.

What I can say, is that this has nothing to do with the version of AnyStream or whether you restart it or reboot your PC). The method hasn't changed.

As I've stated elsewhere, HBO's protocol is a mess. It's probably something that grew over time and things were added, removed renamed until there was no clear logic left.
It's tough to analyze the data and determine what piece of information means what. Many things are redundant, content representation may be available twice in different ways, sometimes it's only one, sometimes the other, ....
That's where the cause of the problem is.

It's difficult to pinpoint, because we cannot replicate the problems. Apparently, everyone gets the results in a different format and it also varies over time, I guess because they add some randomization to make their content more "vivid"?
Which is why we need log files for this - screenshots don't help at all (saying that you're not getting results is no different from showing it).

What I can say, is that this has nothing to do with the version of AnyStream or whether you restart it or reboot your PC). The method hasn't changed.

As I've stated elsewhere, HBO's protocol is a mess. It's probably something that grew over time and things were added, removed renamed until there was no clear logic left.
It's tough to analyze the data and determine what piece of information means what. Many things are redundant, content representation may be available twice in different ways, sometimes it's only one, sometimes the other, ....
That's where the cause of the problem is.

It's difficult to pinpoint, because we cannot replicate the problems. Apparently, everyone gets the results in a different format and it also varies over time, I guess because they add some randomization to make their content more "vivid"?
Which is why we need log files for this - screenshots don't help at all (saying that you're not getting results is no different from showing it).

Can we get some clarification of how search is supposed to work? In other words, when we search for something should it appear in the "Search Results" section or just be highlighted on the screen?

Here is a log file. I searched for "the goonies" and "The Goonies". I picked that title because it was in front of me. It never showed in search results and when I searched for "The Goonies" (vs "the goonies") it highlighted it on the screen.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.2.3.astlog
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
Here is a log file. I searched for "the goonies" and "The Goonies". I picked that title because it was in front of me. It never showed in search results and when I searched for "The Goonies" (vs "the goonies") it highlighted it on the screen.
This is a bit maddening. When I search for "the goonies" (no matter the case), I get the goonies.
But either way: what happens if you just search for "goonies"?

Search appears busted for me as well on 1.2.2.3. Local only. When I search for 'Goonies' or 'Raised By Wolves' I return nothing relevant.

tried searching 'goonies' and 'raised'. found both, no hassle, both times searched items were the only result. latest version.

This is a bit maddening. When I search for "the goonies" (no matter the case), I get the goonies.
But either way: what happens if you just search for "goonies"?

In that case I get nothing either in results or highlighted.

Attachments

1.5 MB · Views: 1
In that case I get nothing either in results or highlighted.
OK, I'm totally lost. I'm always assuming, that you'd usually be accessing HBO from the US. Is that the case? Or rather are you at least using a US VPN?
The search query itself is a simple as they can get. It doesn't contain any fancy stuff, it's more or less just the request with the search string.
And along with it an authorization code, that tells the HBO server, that you're logged in.
That's all there is.
And you get back as a response literally: "0 results found", while others using the same query get "1 result found"

OK, I'm totally lost. I'm always assuming, that you'd usually be accessing HBO from the US. Is that the case? Or rather are you at least using a US VPN?
The search query itself is a simple as they can get. It doesn't contain any fancy stuff, it's more or less just the request with the search string.
And along with it an authorization code, that tells the HBO server, that you're logged in.
That's all there is.
And you get back as a response literally: "0 results found", while others using the same query get "1 result found"

I am in the US and I am not using any sort of VPN.

I think one thing we are tripping up on is what is happening upon a "failed" search.

Here is what is going on and what I noticed.

If I type "goonies" (simply type it) it appears that the "Search results" populate and then if i click "Search" nothing else happens. But the results does not contain "The Goonies" just a bunch of unrelated stuff.

If I type "The Goonies" the search results populate the same way (and again does not contain "The Goonies" but when I click "Search" it finds the title within the homepage, scrolls down to it and highlights it.

So it appears there are 2 activities going on. One happens by simply populating the search field and the other when you actually click search.

Does that help at all? I can attach pics if it helps more.

I, also, am in the US without VPN.
When I type goonies in the search field, a search results for: goonies
row appears without 'The Goonies'.
The search button is live and clicking it highlights the first occurrence of The Goonies on the page. The Find next button is live. On clicking Find next, it finds the next occurrence in the page and highlights it. Subsequent clicks on Find next alternate between the two.

Good luck to you.

Attachments

2.2 MB · Views: 0
HBO Max search has not worked for me since yesterday. I've seen this behavior before if I left the app open for awhile without using it, when I came back the search wouldn't work properly. Closing and opening the app would fix the problem, but it doesn't appear to fix it anymore. I've noticed that the search only finds movies that are currently displayed in the scrolling category bars (ex. "Popular Movies"). No related movie appear in the "Search Results" category bar, but I can click "Search Next" and it will highlight related movies in the other category bars. For instance if I search for a movie that I know is on the HBO site but is not in any of the scrolling category bars (ie. Star 80). When I type in "Star", upper or lower, a bunch of unrelated movies are returned in the "Search Results" category scroll (like It or Succession), but clicking 'Find Next' will only highlight movies with "star" in the title that are currently displayed in the other category bars - Starstruck, Stargirl. I've also tried this with other movies like Great Expectations and it follows the same behavior.

1.2.2.3, I tried uninstalling and installing 1.2.2.2 and it didn't change anything

Then you're gonna have to provide a logfile from 1223 cause without it the developers have nothing to work with. That said, the HBO search/playlist protocol is a giant jumbled pile of code. According to Pete there is pretty much no logic to it.

For what it's worth, here is a log file for a search I just tried in HBOMax. Search for 'taken' and resulted in no results. Search continues to find things on the local page, but won't find anything off the page.

Attachments

1.7 MB · Views: 0
Also for what it's worth, here's my log in HBO Max, searching for Taken (found Taken 2), The Goonies (found), The Blind Side (found), Last Week Tonight/Tonight/Oliver (did not find Last Week Tonight with John Oliver). Not sure if meaningful, but maybe to see how differently it works.

Attachments

• mollamadalai21_hbomax.astlog
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Back