• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

cloneDrive phantom drive letters

Doesn't look like a vcd problem. The H drive icon looks like that of a HDD but it is too small to be sure. Any chance you could post a bigger image of the drive entry?

That said there is a real quick way to know if H is a VCD drive. Right click the VCD icon, check if there is a drive enabled and if so hover with the mouse over the entry, it should show you the drive letter. Pro tip: tick the box that says 'virtual sheep', it'll turn the emulated drive icon into a VCD icon to clearly distinguish itself from real physical ones.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

VCD was uninstalled and the H drive is still there. Someone in that thread thought VCD may have caused their issue but I was given access to the PC with the issues and noticed that VCD was installed.

I was just hoping someone here had seen the issue. At this point it looks like we will have to reinstall Windows. We must have that H drive for a virtual drive mount.

upload_2021-9-2_13-33-18.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-9-2_13-32-25.png
    upload_2021-9-2_13-32-25.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 2
And the problem is? A drive letter you know it is not working?

A Drive letter for a drive that doesn't exist. Not there if you use the Net Use command and not there in Disk Management. There was only ever a C drive.

Many reboots and regedits and it is still there.

Something is holding onto the drive letter but it's not Net Use list and it's not in Disk Management. There is only the one real C drive no CD-ROM or anything. ???

The H drive was found here:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\DOS Devices

Once the key was removed it was no longer listed and I can mount a working network drive with Net Use.

Back