• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD disc read issues

jrstout82

Multiple DVD's not reading...

ATL
Dangerous Minds
Daria: The Complete Animated Series
Deadpool
New Jack City
Menace II Society
Set It Off
The Rocky Horror Picture Show

The drive just sits here and clicks and tries to read over and over and over and .... well, you get the point.

That's a negative. I don't have any other DVD-ROM drives. I have however successfully copied other DVD's.

A clicking drive is a clear sign of dirty and/or defective discs and/or drive. Not a software problem with Anydvd.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Try to clean the disc with water, soap and a microfiber cloath.
Do you see any scratches?
If the disc is perfectly clean than there might be nothing you can do.

Then why do the discs work when I exit AnyDVD?
In this case they are not supportet by AnyDVD yet. I'm not sure if it is possible to create a log when the disc is not loading or if it only works when AnyDVD did read the disc.
But maybe it will work when you clean the disc as AnyDVD might be unable to read a part of the protection because it is covered by dirt and windows itself can read the disc because it does not access this area.

In this case they are not supportet by AnyDVD yet. I'm not sure if it is possible to create a log when the disc is not loading or if it only works when AnyDVD did read the disc.
But maybe it will work when you clean the disc as AnyDVD might be unable to read a part of the protection because it is covered by dirt and windows itself can read the disc because it does not access this area.
Nope. I know that AnyDVD handles at least half of the titles in the list just fine. Without "clicking".

I seem to be having the same problem, in that it states on pc that its all been copied fine but then when i use on another dvd drive they are reading as blank discs!

I've also encountered the same disc reading problem after installing the latest AnyDVD 8.5.6.0. I read a DVD fine that I was making a copy for backup and after that it would not read any DVD or CD; I tried several of each. I then went and installed several earlier versions of AnyDVD but the problem persisted. I thought maybe my anti-virus was getting in the way and disabled that but still encountered issues reading any disc. I tried another SATA port and that worked once and then the read issue happened. I tried a total of 3 SATA ports and all 3 same repeated issue. I connected a hard drive to these ports and each could read the hard drive without any issues. I was worried that it corrupted the SATA port's firmware but it appears not so; at least for hard drives. I've tried 2 different Bluray / DVD drives on these SATA ports and neither would work at reading another DVD. I've tried several methods described on various sites to repair these ports with no luck. I hope a fix comes out for this soon. The only solution I can think of is maybe to re-install the Win10 and only install a version prior to this one.

I've also encountered the same disc reading problem after installing the latest AnyDVD 8.5.6.0. LG Blu-ray drive works just fine. I tried another Blu-ray drive on the same computer, a Pioneer, same problem. Computer thinks the disc is blank. I could not play the discs on a player. Once I closed AnyDVD, the discs played on a player on the computer. I removed version 8.5.6.0 and reinstalled 8.5.5.0. The result was not more problem with reading discs. There is something wrong with version 8.5.6.0.

I've also encountered the same disc reading problem after installing the latest AnyDVD 8.5.6.0. LG Blu-ray drive works just fine. I tried another Blu-ray drive on the same computer, a Pioneer, same problem. Computer thinks the disc is blank. I could not play the discs on a player. Once I closed AnyDVD, the discs played on a player on the computer. I removed version 8.5.6.0 and reinstalled 8.5.5.0. The result was not more problem with reading discs. There is something wrong with version 8.5.6.0.
I cannot find any problem. Can you please try AnyDVD 8.5.6.2? If this doesn't work, can you post a logfile from this disc created with 8.5.5.0?

I removed AnyDVD 8.5.5.0 and reinstalled AnyDVD 8.5.6.0 (I haven't tried 8.5.6.2 yet but will soon). I was able to use AnyDVD 8.5.6.0 for several discs but eventually ran into the same problem. The computer doesn't recognize there's a full DVD in the drive - it indicates it's a blank disc and AnyDVD scans the disc for an very, very long time. I attempted to create a log file while it's in this state. I'm uploading them but I'm not sure how helpful those will be?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.6.0_Info_O_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    28.8 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_8.5.6.0_Info_O_.ziplog
    76.2 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_8.5.6.0_Info_I_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    29.3 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_8.5.6.0_Info_O_TRUE_CRIMES_16X9_FF_NA.ziplog
    526.3 KB · Views: 4
I removed AnyDVD 8.5.6.0 and installed AnyDVD 8.5.6.2. Attempted to work with the same disc that would not consistently read in AnyDVD 8.5.6.0 and experienced the same issue. I attempted to create log files and those are attached. I'm going to go back to AnyDVD 8.5.5.0 and try to do the same thing with the same disc, and create a log file for that version/effort. I'll follow-up with a post here.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.6.2_Info_O_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    28.6 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_8.5.6.2_Info_I_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    28.6 KB · Views: 0
Exit /close AnyDVD. Set your drive region in device manager. Restart AnyDVD. Try again.

Don't worry about your region. AnyDVD will handle that just fine. There are only issues with Matshita drives. Yours is an LG.

coopervid your solution worked perfectly. Thank you. I'm using AnyDVD 8.5.6.2 now after addressing the DVD drive region with Device Manager. One other questions though...I had previously (a while back) looked at the drive region and confirmed it was set for a/correct region. Was there something that would have reset that or changed it to a default of no region? I wasn't sure if the removals and/or reinstallations of different versions of AnyDVD might reset the drive region? Or something else?

Thank you for your help.

Well, no clue and I don't want to speculate. Happy it worked (y).

coopervid your solution worked perfectly. Thank you. I'm using AnyDVD 8.5.6.2 now after addressing the DVD drive region with Device Manager. One other questions though...I had previously (a while back) looked at the drive region and confirmed it was set for a/correct region. Was there something that would have reset that or changed it to a default of no region? I wasn't sure if the removals and/or reinstallations of different versions of AnyDVD might reset the drive region? Or something else?

Thank you for your help.
You cannot have AnyDVD running when you check or set a drive region. I would say you did not Exit/Disable AnyDVD before checking it.

You cannot have AnyDVD running when you check or set a drive region. I would say you did not Exit/Disable AnyDVD before checking it.
I told him in post #15. He did it and it worked. No worries...

Back