• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

List of UHDs currently UN-supported in AnyDVD

@Tanquen, out of curiosity, did you have your UHD for Kingsglaive Final Fantasy in your drive when you clicked "Scan" in the scanner tool?

It's just that on my system, if the scanner looks at a disc and there's nothing to post, the only reason for that is that the disc is currently supported and isn't in the list anymore. I don't know what other situations will create a "nothing to report" result, but they all should show some text describing the disc and why there isn't any need to report it.

--michael

Yes, I even tried restating AnyDVD. When I click Scan it even starts AnyDVD and there is a popup that says it is scanning the disc. The title is now working and that is why I thought you could just post that it was now working. Mr grumpy was saying that don't mean anything and you most post report. But then as you and I have seen if the title is working (and or off the list?) it looks like you don't get a Prepare Form Post option but I also don't get any text. There is no feedback so I assume that is what is happening and the instructions say "it means there are no results that you need to post to this thread". But then that means the list can't auto update. I don't know... I tried, I guess it will just get moved to the unknown list?

Not grumpy at all. I just don't like beating around the bush. Have you checked your title is on the list anymore at all? Let's start with that.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

That title has been moved to the "will fall off the list" section. That couldn't cause a problem when doing the scan tool, could it??

Yes, I even tried restating AnyDVD. When I click Scan it even starts AnyDVD and there is a popup that says it is scanning the disc. The title is now working and that is why I thought you could just post that it was now working. Mr grumpy was saying that don't mean anything and you most post report. But then as you and I have seen if the title is working (and or off the list?) it looks like you don't get a Prepare Form Post option but I also don't get any text. There is no feedback so I assume that is what is happening and the instructions say "it means there are no results that you need to post to this thread". But then that means the list can't auto update. I don't know... I tried, I guess it will just get moved to the unknown list?

Even a supported title should give SOME text if it was scanned. Here are a few examples from some of my own discs (this is manually copied from the status window, NOT from a report):

LABEL: DONNIE DARKO DIRECTORS UHD
OPD: BD_5fc81ab80bf7

LABEL: SHREK_UPK75
OPD: BD_560572a01fe2

LABEL: SPEARS MUNSIL UHDHDR BENCHMARK
OPD: BD_42aa3176686a
[NOTE: Will not be copied to clipboard or scan report]

LABEL: STAND_BY_ME
[NOTE: Will not be copied to clipboard or scan report]

Notice the Spears and Munsil disc is supported and it tells you it won't be copied to the clipboard or scan report. If you clicked scan and the window stays empty, then it did NOT scan any discs.

I believe what is meant here is you just insert the discs (or mount protected iso's) again and you re-run the scanner tool and click scan. When you're done scanning all your titles again (the one you want to post an update for in this case) you click to create a report. It should generate a text file and you simply attach it to a reply as the instructions state.

Yup, that's exactly right!

I tried after your first post and the button is greyed out. I hit Scan, it runs AnyDVD but the Prepare form post button is never enabled.

The window is empty and there is a disabled Prepare Form Post button but I don't see a "you click to create a report" option.

That's abnormal behavior.

There's must be something going on with your Scanner run because ....

...it looks like you don't get a Prepare Form Post option but I also don't get any text. There is no feedback...
Even a supported title should give SOME text if it was scanned.

... because as SamuriHL says, there should always be some text entered in the console of the Scanner showing the result of your Scan.

That title has been moved to the "will fall off the list" section. That couldn't cause a problem when doing the scan tool, could it??
It's not supposed to...

Good question, Michael - but it doesn't.

As recently as Friday someone submitted an update for a title in the Unknown Status section with no difficulties.

It was an update showing the title was still unsupported and in Tanquen's case it was supported, but that should make no difference.

Just to be 100% sure, I temporarily added a supported UHD that I have as the last title in the Unknown Status section of the List, right after Tanquen's, and ran the Scanner.

It indicated the title is on the List but now supported in the console, put that in the clipboard, and created the proper report file to remove the title -- all as it should.

Tanquen, there's something wonky going on in your run of the Scanner.

Let's try to troubleshoot in the pm....

T

Title: SAW_UNRATED_DIRECTORS_CUT
OPD: BD_9d60f8f0e784

Attachments

• ScanReport_jon jones_20210516_062613.zip
    476 bytes · Views: 1
Got another new title that isn't listed.

Title: The Final Countdown
CoR: USA US
Vendor: Blue Underground
LABEL: FINAL_COUNTDOWN
OPD: BD_9d84c853911e
-----

Attachments

• ScanReport_moosejaw50_20210516_211727.zip
    490 bytes · Views: 1
Got another new title that isn't listed.

Title: The Final Countdown
CoR: USA US
Vendor: Blue Underground
LABEL: FINAL_COUNTDOWN
OPD: BD_9d84c853911e
-----

Ah, this is now on UHD?

Nice!

Set to be listed next posting...

T

Best Buy Steelbook:
LABEL: SPEED
OPD: BD_289c609a0746
-----

didn't bother to check Dirty Dancing again since I'm it will be the same story if this one is still unsupported

Attachments

• ScanReport_Babirusa_20210517_205112.zip
    427 bytes · Views: 1
does this new scanreport system actually save time? it seems with all the errors people are making and all the explanations and posts and so on and with less people bothering and all the still having to get the master program to load them and so on, does it really help anything compared to the old method? it's cool if it does, but from the outside it almost seems like it's gotta be making the work harder overall?

in case anyone is curious the version that comes with the Manta Labs Mediabook for Wonder Woman 1984 works fine so it shares an OPD with one of the other versions already listed as supported

Code:
Title:    Raya and the Last Dragon
CoR:    CAN Canada
Vendor:    Amazon.ca
LABEL:    RAYA_AND_THE_LAST_DRAGON
OPD:    BD_1d78b78e4d0f
-----

Attachments

• ScanReport_mbarnstijn_20210517_223055.zip
    500 bytes · Views: 1
Best Buy Steelbook:
LABEL: SPEED
OPD: BD_289c609a0746
-----

Thanks for the update!

Applied.

didn't bother to check Dirty Dancing again since I'm it will be the same story if this one is still unsupported

Why do you say that? They're totally different OPD's, the key could be there for one and not the other...

does this new scanreport system actually save time?

Definitely.

it seems with all the errors people are making and all the explanations and posts and so on and with less people bothering and all the still having to get the master program to load them and so on, does it really help anything compared to the old method?

Yes.

First off, people aren't really making that many errors. In fact, less than before, if anything.

By now, most regular posters here have the hang of the new method. And new posters are catching on fast.

Secondly, you're not remembering but there was just as much explanation before about not just saying such-and-such a title is not working to add it to the List, but instead creating the logfile, running it through the Parser, reporting the OPD...

What's now completely eliminated is all the back-and-forth thread chatter to get new title submission right, like... This title is already submitted. Is this the correct OPD as reported by the Parser? What's the Label? Is this the exact Label? What's the country of release? etc. etc.

In addition, it makes the behind-the-scenes things I have to do to keep accurate records easier, more reliable, nearly idiot-proof (I've made my share of mistakes!) and waaaaaay faster.

So yeah, it saves time.

All around.

T

Code:
Title:    Raya and the Last Dragon
CoR:    CAN Canada
Vendor:    Amazon.ca
LABEL:    RAYA_AND_THE_LAST_DRAGON
OPD:    BD_1d78b78e4d0f
-----

Got it, Michael!

Added.

Do let me know if this movie turns out to be good. :=)

I considered it but wasn't sure I'd like it.

T

Back