• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Starlink & Anystream Issues

james Coopre

Prior to my dismal days of DSL all three medias worked, starlink starts ripping fast and just sits there and freezes at different levels without successful completion?

When you suspect a problem you need to provide an anystream logfile. Anystream has zero impact on your network connection

Prior to my dismal days of DSL all three medias worked, starlink starts ripping fast and just sits there and freezes at different levels without successful completion?
where you post a log file to ?? Newbie

Starlink has small drop outs and ip address changes as there are and will be thousands of users and satellites as starlink leaves beta stages connections will be better but there will be more users and many satellites and your will be on a different satellite and will given a new ip every few minutes and will not keep same ip. IPv4 has 255. Per a spot so is limited but ipv6 is higher still most systems relay on ipv4 as we move to version 6

Last edited:
Starlink has small drop outs and ip address changes as there are and will be thousands of users and satellites as starlink leaves beta stages connections will be better but there will be more users and many satellites and your will be on new ones every few minutes and will not keep same up
I really have to apologize I don’t know what starlink is. And I don’t understand what you are trying to say, I have to apologize for this because I think English is not your first language I am for some reason not able to make out what you were trying to say.

It's Elon Musk's Cheap internet global network he's building. It's based of a shitload of tiny earth orbiting satellites

I really have to apologize I don’t know what starlink is. And I don’t understand what you are trying to say, I have to apologize for this because I think English is not your first language I am for some reason not able to make out what you were trying to say.
Starlink is a project by Elon Musk (Space X). They want to send thousands of satelites into the space to make internet accessable for everyone (just google it if you want more information).
And he wants to say that during the switch between the satellites (as they are travelling around the earth) you might get connection issues within AS.
Yes, just like Ch3vr0n said. Some people complaining that they are overload the space with theire satellites and this will make science more challenging as they have to divide satellites from actual stars.

Starlink is a project by Elon Musk (Space X). They want to send thousands of satelites into the space to make internet accessable for everyone (just google it if you want more information).
And he wants to say that during the switch between the satellites (as they are travelling around the earth) you might get connection issues within AS.
Yes, just like Ch3vr0n said. Some people complaining that they are overload the space with theire satellites and this will make science more challenging as they have to divide satellites from actual stars.
Thank you Deepspace, but wouldn’t that affect the whole Internet not just us? I really don’t think that this is the intention of Elon musk, but who knows ,certainly not me. Thank you again for clearing that up

but wouldn’t that affect the whole Internet not just us?
You mean the connection issues? No, because we are not connectet to the starlink network. Starlink is just an internet provider. The only difference is that they are using satellites instead of wired connections buried into the ground. This is the same with Amz and NF: Both are streaming services, but if Amz is having issues this won't necessarily effect NF.

You mean the connection issues? No, because we are not connectet to the starlink network. Starlink is just an internet provider. The only difference is that they are using satellites instead of wired connections buried into the ground. This is the same with Amz and NF: Both are streaming services, but if Amz is having issues this won't necessarily effect NF.
OK, so if you don’t have star link you won’t have any issues, am I close to understanding this LOL? I am pretty sure Amazon, and Netflix and Disney and most of the other providers that we might add don’t use Starlink either.

OK, so if you don’t have star link you won’t have any issues, am I close to understanding this LOL? I am pretty sure Amazon, and Netflix and Disney and most of the other providers that we might add don’t use Starlink either.

You're not getting it i'm afraid. Starlink is just another internet provider like Comcast, Cox,... who use cable. With the sole difference being that Starlink doesn't use cable but uses satellites instead to provide the internet connection. Though one should assume that because it's satellite based and uses dishes, there's a higher chance of there being latency problems.

Elon's initial thought for starlink is (once its fully operational) for it to be a low cost internet provider for very remote area's. Think like remote area's in the tropics, or rural villages in Africa, that sort of thing. Having internet access there (even slow speed) would make a huge impact there. Like doctors being able to do video calls, looking up research... It's not a content provider.

Yes, the two above are only talking about starlink issues. So if you don't use starlink, it won't affect you.
But you still have one wrong thougt:
I am pretty sure Amazon, and Netflix and Disney and most of the other providers that we might add don’t use Starlink either.
They have nothing to do with starlink. Starlink is an internet provider as I said. In other words: It is the way YOU access the internet. Amz and so on have nothing to do with starlink.

You're not getting it i'm afraid. Starlink is just another internet provider like Comcast, Cox,... who use cable. With the sole difference being that Starlink doesn't use cable but uses satellites instead to provide the internet connection. Though one should assume that because it's satellite based and uses dishes, there's a higher chance of there being latency problems.

Elon's initial thought for starlink is (once its fully operational) for it to be a low cost internet provider for very remote area's. Think like remote area's in the tropics, or rural villages in Africa, that sort of thing. Having internet access there (even slow speed) would make a huge impact there. Like doctors being able to do video calls, looking up research... It's not a content provider.
OK then, then what pray tell would it have to do with any stream ? And if it does have something to do within Anystream, I really doubt with is anything anyone could do about this. When is this supposed to go into effect?

It's already active in beta testing. Just not globally available yet. It doesn't have anything to do directly with AnyStream, but if there's a connection problem somewhere down the line in the satellite connection AnyStream is still affected. It's the internet connection on the system after all. AnyStream doesn't know or care whether you have cable, fibre or satellite internet. Internet is internet.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

OK then, then what pray tell would it have to do with any stream ? And if it does have something to do within Anystream, I really doubt with is anything anyone could do about this. When is this supposed to go effect?
The idea is that the starlink connection/ latency issues can affect AS to get a stable connection or that AS is not able to handle this type of connection.
In other words, the computer might loose the connection for too long or too often and AS only tries a few times to reconnect, so the download will fail.
If this is only because of starlink, then no one can do something against it until they have more satellites and the connection is better. Maybe it is possible to rise the number of retrys within AS or something, but without an logfile the devs cannot tell where the issue might be.

The idea is that the starlink connection/ latency issues can affect AS to get a stable connection or that AS is not able to handle this type of connection.
In other words, the computer might loose the connection for too long or too often and AS only tries a few times to reconnect, so the download will fail.
If this is only because of starlink, then no one can do something against it until they have more satellites and the connection is better. Maybe it is possible to rise the number of retrys within AS or something, but without an logfile the devs cannot tell where the issue might be.
I think we should wait until we actually have a problem because until then it only affects people with Starlink and while I feel sorry for them I am sure something will be done about it when this happens, and if I understand this correctly it hasn’t happened yet? I can only say post a log file if anyone has an issue.

I am sure Starlink is superior to most any other satellite based internet (given what I have read) but it's still just satellite. So I would imagine for anything latency or connection sensitive it would still be rough on it.

I am sure Starlink is superior to most any other satellite based internet (given what I have read) but it's still just satellite. So I would imagine for anything latency or connection sensitive it would still be rough on it.
Well we offer a trial, anybody with star link that has an issue should try the trial, and if they experience issues I would say don’t buy the program until if and when the issue is resolved

You are right. I don't have any experience with Starlink, so it should be the best to wait till it is gone a little further and use the trial to test if the connection is better.

Back