• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I cannot see the Video Track of spirited away DVD US Region 1

hawk-xp

Hi to all!
I am trying to rip using AnyDVDHD to allow handbrake to rip the video track of the spirited away DVD US Region 1. So far I've done several others with no problem at all.
I first received the error that the region wasn't defined. I followed the instructions to exit AnyDVDHD and set the region. It was set correctly as seen on the attached.
The problem is: I can see the video tracks of the additional content, not the movie itself on handbrake.
Attached is also the log file as suggested on the "how to post" post.
Any assistance would be really appreciated!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.3.0_Info_F_SPIRITEDAWAYUS.ziplog
    139.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Region1defined.JPG
    Region1defined.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 6
Hi to all!
I am trying to rip using AnyDVDHD to allow handbrake to rip the video track of the spirited away DVD US Region 1.
So are you using AnyDVD to rip the disc, or are you using Handbrake straight from the disc? If the latter, on some discs you need to rip the disc to your hard drive using AnyDVD, then use that rip as the source for Handbrake. Some 3rd party tools have issues on some discs.

Thanks for the quick reply mmdavis! Per the forum recommendations I did exactly as you said, I forgot to mention on this thread.
Just to be explicit:
I right clicked on the AnyDVD icon and then did: Rip video disk to harddisk..
After that I pointed handbrake to the output folder with the same results. Handbrake did not find the Movie track
I do have CloneDVD license. I will try give it a try and post here if I still cannot rip this DVD.
Thanks again for the assist!

Well, I'll be mmdavis. Answering my previous post. I was able to extract the DVD content using CloneDVD to a folder first, which handbrake was unable to recognize and then to an ISO. This handbrake recognized immediately and I was able to rip it.
The only downside, I lost some video quality as CloneDVD encodes the video and then Handbrake did it again. Hopefully someone from Redfox can take a look at the log and find if there is indeed something that can be done about it.
I hope there will be additional replies!
Thanks!

Sounds like you have it set at the bottom of the 2nd screen to 'DVD-5'. Switch that drop down to 'DVD+/-R DL' and it'll rip without transcoding.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

The only downside, I lost some video quality as CloneDVD encodes the video and then Handbrake did it again.
Tell CloneDVD not to compress. Take a look in the manual, it is short & good.
But I believe it is a handbrake bug, there is some weird setting you can change to make it work, which I always forget. "Use libdvdsomething instead of libdvdotherthing".

Thanks a lot to all for the answers! The answer on Handbrake did the trick! Thanks Ch3vr0n for the suggestion.
Interestingly enough, when I exported the DVD using the DVD +/- option as suggested to an ISO file using CloneDVD, Handbrake was unable to see the video track at all. Which I would dare to say is because the previous fix.
If I may add a suggestion, knowing that Handbrake is a well known rip program. It would be great if a moderator can add this *Handbrake* solution to the "read before you post" post. This way, I would have tried it and not created this thread at all!
Thanks again! :-D

I am a mod, and i deliberately chose not to. As it convolutes things. Not everyone uses handbrake and there's no need to put non-anydvd related info inside an anydvd "read before you post" sticky and make things more complicated than they need to be.

Back