• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Grantchester - Season 5 - Disc 1

zontar

Recent seasons of this show [Grantchester] have some very heavy protection with 'bogus' titles that make the disc seem to hold many many more GB of data than it could possible hold.
Logfile attached.
Please analyze and provide some guidance.
Thanks in advance.
Be Well,
Zontar

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.3.0_Info_E_Grantchester S5 Disc 1.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Recent seasons of this show [Grantchester] have some very heavy protection with 'bogus' titles that make the disc seem to hold many many more GB of data than it could possible hold.
Logfile attached.
Please analyze and provide some guidance.
Thanks in advance.
Be Well,
Zontar
1) First question would be, what program are you using to copy the disc with?
2) Are you using AnyDVD to rip the disc first, then using the rip as the source for that program, or are you just going straight from the disc?
3) Have you ripped the disc to your hard drive using AnyDVD to see what the size is and does it play correctly?

I use CloneDVD2.
This is the only way I ever copy discs and I don't do rips/ISO; just copy original to blank using CloneDVD2.
I had the same issue last season of this program, but was eventually able to pick the correct titles from the list,
but it takes 3 or 4 times and lots of testing before I get a single working disc.

Okay - figured out which titles to copy:
Title 52 = Episode 1
Title 3 = Episode 2
Title 4 = Episode 3
I'm sure I'll have to do this again for Disc 2 of the series.
I think Lionsgate uses a similar protection method and those always seem to get an update in short order.
It would be appreciated if this title could get a patch - it only cost me one non-functional DL disc this round.
[you can actually play the titles that do not function from the main screen by choosing the chapter play,
but if you copy the correct titles they function as intended via the main menu]
Be Well Folks.
Zontar

The only safe methods to make good copies:

1.) Create an iso with AnyDVD and burn it with CloneDVD "write existing data".
2.) You can use CloneCD instead, if you like to copy the disc
3.) For single layer, copy the episodes with CloneDVD without keeping menus

Sorry.

Back