• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Netflix only download 720p in some titles? Anystream v1.1.2.0

4lfred

i want to download Stowaway and only 720p and 480p are available :(

Attachments

• Stowaway.astlog
    3 MB · Views: 1
From what I understand to this point, AS will offer to you whatever it is offered. So if the highest it goes is 720p then that is the best Netflix is offering to AS.

new movies not in 1080p in netflix, really? Stowaway in torrent sites netflix web-dl 1080p, now netflix offer 1080p only to scene groups? lol

According to the log, Netflix offers this title at 768x432 and 960x540.

I just checked my Netflix (USA), and AS offered to download STOWAWAY for me in 1080p.

Attachments

• Netflix.JPG
    Netflix.JPG
    235.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
I just checked my Netflix (USA), and AS offered to download STOWAWAY for me in 1080p.

I too am using USA Netflix and I see 1080 as well. Maybe the OP is in another region?

If Prospere says they are only available in 2 resolutions, that's what they are available at. Maybe different countries have different resolutions, I know in the USA most all is 1080P. Plus if you only have the basic Netflix plan, HD 1080P is not available to you, only at Netflix discretion. You need the upper-tier plan.

Speaking for myself, so far all of Netflix's original content has been at 1080p when I use AnySteam. Movie resolution varies for browser streaming, and tends to be closer to DVD standards (not BluRay). I am pretty sure that when watch Netflix via Roku and Firestick, everything at is at 1080p or 4K. My speculation is that the movie studios negotiate into their netflix contracts streaming restrictions.

According to the log, Netflix offers this title at 768x432 and 960x540.

But Netflix uses same servers for same movies?

And Anystream should download dir from the server and not from the site. Or can may Anystream in the feuture look up the best quailty as are oout there on Netflix so we can download the best quality,.

But Netflix uses same servers for same movies?

And Anystream should download dir from the server and not from the site. Or can may Anystream in the feuture look up the best quailty as are oout there on Netflix so we can download the best quality,.

From my understanding this has to do with not only the region, but the DRM method used for each title. Some titles will require a decryption method that AS does not employ and only offers lower resolutions to clients that don't support the highest level of DRM.

I haven't found a NF original title yet that doesn't offer 1080. But titles from other studios aren't always offered at 1080. Some are 720 and most of these will be 540 max. This is determined by NF on their end according to your client, AS only lists what NF will return in the manifest, it can't be forced.

Edit: I guess I should clarify that when you're viewing NF thru a NF app, like on a Roku or Firestick, you'll always be offered the highest resolution your device can handle. Outside of the NF app ecosystem, things are far more restricted.

Last edited:
Edit: I guess I should clarify that when you're viewing NF thru a NF app, like on a Roku or Firestick, you'll always be offered the highest resolution your device can handle. Outside of the NF app ecosystem, things are far more restricted.

Time for a Roku emulator? I know it sounds like it could be huge, but if people poke around a bit, it might turn out to be easier.

Just had a look on my UK account and only have 960x540 and 768x432 available. Connected to USA via VPN and had the 1080p version available. Guess its a region thing

Time for a Roku emulator? I know it sounds like it could be huge, but if people poke around a bit, it might turn out to be easier.
I wont go into specifics, but if I understand correctly what AS does is basically a Windows only thing. There will likely never be a non-Windows option for AS. I could just be talking out of my piehole, but I am pretty good at figuring these things out.

Back