• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyStream 1.1.3.1 NetFlix Download hang/ crash (Title Updated)

DarkGeneral88

Tried downloading Gotham Pilot. It hanged twice at two different percentages. I attached logs.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.2.0.astlog
    995.1 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyStream_1.1.2.0 (2nd attempt).astlog
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Tried another show and that hanged as well.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.2.0. (Parasyte).astlog
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
Previously, when I have had this issue (different titles hanging at different points) a simple reboot of windows fixed it. Might be worth a try.

Tried another show and that hanged as well.

How long do you wait till you determine it's hung? I had similar with prime prior to 1.1.2.0 and if you open task manager->performance, I observed that data was trickling in albeit at a dialup rate, waiting (a fair bit in some cases) cured it and the speed picked up. Having said that, so far it looks like things improved but my pulls are currently on prime and are shorter than the ones that stalled before, the worst I'm getting now is rare stalls of no more than 30s, but that's w/ prime...

I tried the pilot today and let it sit for 30 minutes without movement. Fresh log as well.

Attachments

1 MB · Views: 0
As funny as it may sound - have you tried rebooting the system?

Yes, tried again now let it sit 30+ minutes. I tried a movie as well that hanged. Though I did successfully get an episode of disenchantment.

Attachments

2 MB · Views: 0
  • Striptease.astlog
    3 MB · Views: 0
I was able to download with about a 2 minute hang at 12% in. Then the rest downloaded with no issues.

Now, while I am working on a solution/workaround for this issue, could you check your Windows Firewall/Windows Defender settings (I have seen people mentioning those two in relation to this problem).

For what it's worth: I'm getting less convinced that it's to do with the downloader itself per se, esp. now that I'm pulling from flix. The whole application lags when the download stalls occur, and even becomes incapable of being brought to the front save via the task bar, nor the menu responds, as well as Windows, itself, intermittently flicking it's title to (not responding) but only while the download is going on. This behaviour was not observed with .9.1... It's as if something is spinning/excessively polling on the main thread halting everything else...

Tried downloading something with latest version. It still hanged for NF. This time though the button to cancel the download disappeared and I had to attempt to close AS to get the pop up to cancel the download which saying yes resulted in a crash. I am including both.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.3.1.astlog
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
  • AnyStream_1.1.3.1_Dump_20210513174152.astdmp
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Back