• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Something I noticed after spending some time with AS

DQ

So after spending a lot of time combing through NF and AP I came to a stark realization. NF, very ironically, is the new Blockbuster.

Follow me on this.

NF pioneered a new framework for attaining and watching media. First with DVD by mail and then with streaming. Jumping from one to the next was an absolute stroke of genius. However, when the market shifted and media creators realized they can do what NF does and reap the rewards directly, NF tried to pivot but in my opinion did not do so quickly enough. Much like Blockbuster.

NF did not see the writing on the wall fast enough that media producers would pull all their content leaving NF bare and naked. NF tried to again do something new by creating it's own content at a breakneck pace without Hollywood. Truly, it is was a good idea and an inspiring attempt but it is too little too late. NF has not had enough time to learn how to do this properly and was left just throwing anything against the wall to see if it would stick, buying and producing almost any script they could get their hands on. Combine that with a lean towards a certain agenda that some do not care for and NF is now almost void of quality content in my opinion. Quite literally, as I look over NF, anything with the N on it I skip over because I know the chances are it's garbage. Sure, a few are of quality but those are the exception and not at all the rule.

AP is the new NF. They created a new framework. Host a good amount of content from other media creators, do some of your own as well but work with other distributors by giving them a platform to directly sell their media. This part is an assumption on my part of how AP works behind the scenes I could be wrong about it quite frankly.

What is the interesting thing about AP selling media is this. They do it in a way to take advantage of human impulse. They often times seem to offer freebies in certain genres or categories. Even sometimes in a series of movies. But if you want to see the rest of that series or more of the blockbusters in that category, you have to pay. Again, this is an assumption I am making but I find it super interesting either way.

Just some thoughts. I am not pretending to know how either works behind the scenes, this is all my opinion based on a couple of assumptions. Just something interesting put forth for discussion.

My favorite trick is patience. I wait until whatever show I want to see the latest season of is completely over and then I hit that provider up for the 7 day free trial and binge that season til Im done. Have done so with every season of any HBO, Showtime, Epix and Starz shows. HBO no longer seems to offer a free trial anymore, but paying for one month to catch up isnt too bad thru Prime. In fact, I rarely keep any Prime channel for more than a couple months anyways. I am constantly swapping up providers, so far Starz has given me the most for my money.

I never download series episodes though, thats way too far off the deep end for my storage capabilities.

Reactions: DQ
I never download series episodes though, thats way too far off the deep end for my storage capabilities.
Give it a few months, you will look at storage capabilities, and quietly start to sing, "we are from the shallows now."

Im really not a fan of most TV series. Many dont have a decent enough premise/development for a single episode, let alone several. I stick to movies. Cheaper that way

Back