• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Feature Request

Vzxy

Unified search across all providers and have each tab return its own results so we dont have to search each one individually.

Reactions: SAF
Unified search across all providers and have each tab return its own results so we dont have to search each one individually.
Each provider has their own separate search field and what they have to offer. That's how you search, I may be wrong but it's going to be pretty difficult to add every film to a separate search provider and keep it up to date. I think Google does that best.

I may be wrong but it's going to be pretty difficult to add every film to a separate search provider and keep it up to date

I believe your missunderstanding the question. What i believe OP means is that instead of having 1 search field (in the chromium based browser for amazon), and the search input box only search either Netflix OR Disney+, i believe OP means 1 single search field searching for the SAME title across all available platforms at the same time, and then highligh on which supported provider its available. So the user doesn't have to do 3 seperate searches across 3 seperate providers to find out if either of them support a specific title.

For example (one of my fav TV shows) Grey's Anatomy is available on BOTH Prime Video as well as Disney+, with a single search field the user could simply search for "Grey's Anatomy" and the search results would list an entry on Amazon Prime Video and on Disney+. When they then click on the entry they want (depending on which account they have), they're taken to the proper provider and search result.

That's actually a pretty good idea @Prospere.

No, I mean that there should only need to be one search field for the app, which could then submit that search to all providers. I know that we are searching AP thru the web page itself and the N tab has a dedicated search field since its not using the native search function in the page itself.

I am a developer myself and it seems as though this should be doable since its all a post to an API of sorts anyways.

I believe your missunderstanding the question. What i believe OP means is that instead of having 1 search field (in the chromium based browser for amazon), and the search input box only search either Netflix OR Disney+, i believe OP means 1 single search field searching for the SAME title across all available platforms at the same time, and then highligh on which supported provider its available. So the user doesn't have to do 3 seperate searches across 3 seperate providers to find out if either of them support a specific title.

For example (one of my fav TV shows) Grey's Anatomy is available on BOTH Prime Video as well as Disney+, with a single search field the user could simply search for "Grey's Anatomy" and the search results would list an entry on Amazon Prime Video and on Disney+. When they then click on the entry they want (depending on which account they have), they're taken to the proper provider and search result.

Exactly this. Thanks.

Just a note, i obviously don't know the internals but i believe it should be doable on providers of the same "rendering type". Eg Netflix and Disney+ (that display method is 100% in-house development), Prime Video uses a chromium based browser (which is why it looks completely different). If it's doable across all 3. That's obviously better. Prospere will have to chime in on this.

I did say " I may be wrong" LOL

Just a note, i obviously don't know the internals but i believe it should be doable on providers of the same "rendering type". Eg Netflix and Disney+ (that display method is 100% in-house development), Prime Video uses a chromium based browser (which is why it looks completely different). If it's doable across all 3. That's obviously better. Prospere will have to chime in on this.
With Chromium being highly automatable, it seems doable IMO. But I dont know the internals either and could actually be a technical limitation. Its not a huge deal, just a feature request.

Well it certainly has my vote for it, but i dont make any call on this and feature requests don't get added to the sticky unless there's a call on it by Prospere (though i've been thinking of changing that)

Maybe sometime in the future, only the developers know this.

I don’t browse within AS at all looking for things. I use an external browser. Only when I’m ready to download something do I hit up AS.

Oh I agree. I already said that in post #3, I just don't add any requests on the list currently unless prospere states them as approved/denied or 'under consideration'. Though as I said been thinking about listing all three others as 'undecided' until he makes a call.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Understood. I didn't want to interfere :bowdown:

Back