• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Video Playback on Kodi (v19) Choppy and Out of Sync

camira2

Hi, all-

I did try to search for this in the forum but came up blank.

High-level Summary of Problem:
Backups of BDs made w 8.5.2.0 (Windows 10 - all updates installed) all have choppy video when played back on FireTV/Kodi(v19)
Backups made w previous version of AnyDVD do not have any play issues - video and audio are perfect
Tested across multiple FireTV/Kodi installs - same issue

Additional Detail:
I haven't made a BD backup in about 2 years on a Win10 PC that is rarely used
Backups with AnyDVD previously (many!) had been near flawless
I went to make a new backup this week and began by updating AnyDVD. I did not record what version was previously on the machine
Video playback is greatly hampered on Kodi v19 and v18 for newly backed up title - borderline slow motion
Audio seems to be clear
I thought maybe the BD drive had gone bad and replaced with new LG - same issues
I moved my AnyDVD license to a new Win10 PC (much higher power) - same issues
Kodi plays back my previously backed up titles with no issues at all - just the latest backup is problematic
Have tried multiple BDs to backup - maybe something wrong w disc? - same issue on each

Example BDs having backup issues:
V for Vendetta
Dark City

I tried to find a slightly older version of AnyDVD to backdrop to but was unsuccessful.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:
This needs to be put in the Bluray section instead of the DVD section.

There are reports of choppy video on the Kodi TV forum for versions 18&19.
A possible fix was posted relating to refresh rate setting.
“UPDATE: For whoever bumps into this thread, this is how I finally fixed the issue: I manually added all my display's supported resolutions to the whitelist in Settings->System->Display. I will try to figure out why Kodi doesn't do this on its own, since the driver announces all supported resolutions.”

I haven’t seen any issues with AnyDVD and as you say, there are no other reports of choppy playback.

Back