• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question about the max weekly downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2 cents FWIW.

Putting limits on trial software is cool. Putting limits on paid software is not cool. It should not up to the developers to limit the use of their paid for software. If someone wants to download 7x24 that is up to them. If they get banned for it that is their problem. No one to blame but themselves.

I’ve seen it mentioned a few times that if downloading gets abused that it might lead to AS being banned. How does a provider like AP or NF or D+ know that AS is being used to perform downloads? If they can determine that AS is being used then I might consider limits but it should be something that the user can enable/disable.

Tokens or no tokens doesn’t matter to me as I don’t do a lot of downloading. I do agree that if the token model is kept it should be displayed somewhere on the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they're working on a way of showing the remaining tokens. No fixed method has been decided on.

The logic in this is flawed. Yes, you will get 280 downloads THE FIRST WEEK. But every week after that, you will only get 180 because the initial pot is never restored.

How about you don't try to control it, Redfox, and let it be up to the user to judge how much he uses the program.
By all means, put up a warning somewhere when the limit you judge is reasonable is reached - if you feel you absolutely must - but don't block downloading. We're adults, and we didn't pay good money for a piece of software with built-in and uncircumventable parental control...

I do, however, second the motion above that if you persist in keeping this idiotic "feature", you should at least show somewhere how many available downloads you have left!
How about you don't try to control it, Redfox, and let it be up to the user to judge how much he uses the program.

How about the Developers do whats best for the whole community.

Remember it's not 280 streams per week. It's 180 streams. The initial 100 never returns and only the 180 streams.

180 streams at 20 minutes each is only about 60 hours. Even if triple it to a hour long stream that's only 180 hours which would then put you at 7.5 days. 20 minute shows would only put you at 2.5 days which is nothing for watching/streaming. If the streams were 40 minutes then that's 5 days which is a debatable range.

I think part of the problem too is a lot of people are saying (which isn't an accurate test) they are running at unlimited so they burn through tokens super quick.
A valid AnyStream license is limited to approximately 280 downloads per week to avoid being blocked by your streaming provider. You have a quota of 100 downloads. Whenever some of it is used up, it will refill at a rate of 1 download every 36 minutes. This amounts to an average of 280 downloads per week plus the initial 100.
You are wrong, read this and then tell me how many downloads you get.

We're talking about two different things here, DeepSpace. It's perfectly reasonable to have a limit on the trial license.
Having one on a paid, full license, however, is not. Especially when it's not made clear BEFORE you purchase the license, but you have to find out afterwards that your paid license is almost just as crippled as a trial license.

I disagree - and I will predict you will disagree with my disagreement but I will end with this - I was WELL AWARE of the limits BEFORE I purchased a license. If you read the documentation instead of throwing it out like a person who feels they know it all, you would have known of the limitation BEFORE hitting the purchase button.

I NEVER buy anything - virtual or IRL, without knowing all of the details of what I am getting AND accepting it for what it is, not what I feel it should be. Your entire argument is based on your self entitled attitude that you are accusing the developers of having, yet they were able to come up with this software and you searched for the easy way.

Know what you are getting into - don't just jump off the diving board before looking and expect the water to be deep enough to satisfy you.

I bought knowing full well of the limits and am ok with them. Yes, I admit knowing how many tokens are left would be cool when downloading a TV show for example but, otherwise it does t matter on movies. I always download at unlimited speed and have no worries. 180 movies a week is an awful lot of movies. Couldn’t be happier with my purchase.

I bought knowing full well of the limits and am ok with them. Yes, I admit knowing how many tokens are left would be cool when downloading a TV show for example but, otherwise it does t matter on movies. I always download at unlimited speed and have no worries. 180 movies a week is an awful lot of movies. Couldn’t be happier with my purchase.

Yeah, I think the complaint tends to be more TV Shows that have a ton of episodes. Movies isn't, as far as I know, usually the problem. The other thing is not knowing how many are left. Like right now I'm doing a show that has 22 episodes per season and I figured it up to be 10 tokens / 6 hrs regained so I know after about half a day I have those back. It'd just be easier to see it and have confirmation.

As I pointed out many times on here the whole system is not good at all.

1. The download limit is across the board which makes zero sense. Amazon doesn't care if you downloaded from Netflix or Disney+. Yet if you use up all your tokens on just 1 provider you can't download from any of the others.

2. None of AS competitors use this silly system and have no issues about you "batch" downloading files and are also able to to Losslessly Decrypt them w/o any re-encoding.

3. No evidence that any service providers even ban users that I know of, even if they did I am not convinced AS program would some how be black listed. If it's so easy to ban any programs then why do so many still work?

I don't use AS much these days despite having paid for a lifetime license because there are other alternatives out there that don't limit you and make it so damn difficult to download and they do it lossless as well. I hope AS fixes this quirky mess and makes it easier to use.

1. The download limit is across the board which makes zero sense. Amazon doesn't care if you downloaded from Netflix or Disney+. Yet if you use up all your tokens on just 1 provider you can't download from any of the others.

Yeah, I wish it was separate but at the same time it doesn't make or break for me. Mainly because Amazon's site is so terrible and half the time I can't tell what I get with prime and what I don't.

2. None of AS competitors use this silly system and have no issues about you "batch" downloading files and are also able to to Losslessly Decrypt them w/o any re-encoding.

Batch downloading would definitely be nice, especially for a TV Show's Season at least. Downloading 22 episodes individually isn't the worst thing in the world, would just make it a bit smoother imo.

As for re-encoding I'm under the assumption AS doesn't "re-encode" / record anything. Though I have noticed some odd things when downloading a particular show. For the first three seasons I've grabbed so far the episodes have been from 600mb - 1GB all in varying sizes with no rhyme or reason to them. All are at the same audio quality and video setting. Some of them only have a 5-10 second difference so it's not one having more than the other. Even some that are 2 minutes shorter are bigger than the longer ones. I'm sure it is Netflix being Netflix though.

For the record, I do agree with two points I quoted. I was just using them as a starting point to add in some comments I've noticed.

As I pointed out many times on here the whole system is not good at all.

3. No evidence that any service providers even ban users that I know of, even if they did I am not convinced AS program would some how be black listed. If it's so easy to ban any programs then why do so many still work?

I don't use AS much these days despite having paid for a lifetime license because there are other alternatives out there that don't limit you and make it so damn difficult to download and they do it lossless as well. I hope AS fixes this quirky mess and makes it easier to use.

Wich alternative are that against AS? I have usedfew and they arent real downloaders.

Wich alternative are that against AS? I have usedfew and they arent real downloaders.
Very few are real downloaders like AS. They are screen recorders, and they do not come close to the quality you get with AS.

That's not the point. No matter if you use the program a lot or a little, it's not affecting Redfox in any way. So why do they impose a limitation on the users that is not necessary?
Like I said, people are grown up, they can decide for themselves how much or little they want to download.
It's not the limitation as such I'm opposed to, but the whole underlying patronizing attitude which, sadly, even you seem to display.
And no matter if you like it or not, having limitations of any kind in a program is the very DEFINITION of crippled software...
If people use AnyStream to download content in masses, the streaming providers will take note! It wont be long before eyes turn to RedFox and, specifically AnyStream.

If we want AnyStream to be here for the longhaul, then limiting is the best thing to do, and i support it.

We can "cry" now and see the limit is crippling, but when AnyStream or (worst case scenario) RedFox is forced to shut down then certain people will be moaning again.

My vote is to leave it as is, if anything show then "tokens" somewhere in the UI (even if it's hidden in the "About" screen)

If people use AnyStream to download content in masses, the streaming providers will take note! It wont be long before eyes turn to RedFox and, specifically AnyStream.

If we want AnyStream to be here for the longhaul, then limiting is the best thing to do, and i support it.

We can "cry" now and see the limit is crippling, but when AnyStream or (worst case scenario) RedFox is forced to shut down then certain people will be moaning again.

My vote is to leave it as is, if anything show then "tokens" somewhere in the UI (even if it's hidden in the "About" screen)

Agreed on every point.

Curious as to how the content providers will know that AS is being used to download?

The only thing that will cripple AnyStream is not having a limit in place. In fact, the current limit is far too generous if you ask me. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to be downloading a couple hundred streams week. It's not a given that the content providers won't take steps to prevent AnyStream and products like it from working. Heck, all (A) and (N) would have to do is limit browsers to 720p as is the case with (D). That would be enough to effectively cripple software like this for me. I'm only interseted in 1080p. In fact, I'm only interested in 1080p content that's not currently available on Blu-ray. To each his own naturally. Open the flood gates. Lets see how long it lasts. If the content providers drop the hammer we can all blame those of you who decided to use AnyStream to archive content in mass rather than showing a modicum of restraint.

Curious as to how the content providers will know that AS is being used to download?

The days of passing data as fast as you can without analyzing the usage are long gone. It used to be that it would take incredible resources to do so. Well now incredible resources are on tap for the companies that can afford it. What this means is there is no way a content provider (of any type) is not monitoring every stream for certain parameters and can enforce rules and add new rules at will (just like how they geo block). So I am sure that either through behavioral analytics or even via basic things like stream speed and or timing it can be deduced what is going on. The entire hitch is whether you become enough of a burr under their saddle to cause them to spend some resources to stop you.

This is all based on a mix on conjecture about the content providing systems and my experience in networking. So it's just my opinion.

Very few are real downloaders like AS. They are screen recorders, and they do not come close to the quality you get with AS.

Out of curiosity, what are the names of the other "real" downloaders?

Out of curiosity, what are the names of the other "real" downloaders?
Google is your friend, but beware, these programs do not always tell the truth. You can tell if you have any significant GPU activity in the Task Manager, it's absolutely a recorder, not a downloader.

I dont know the technical details of how AnyStream does its thing, but it is theoretically possible.

I think we're missing the point though, knowing exactly which tool is downloading from these streaming providers is beside the point. All they need to do is know its happening and that would make things difficult for RedFox/AnyStream and us consumers in the long run.

A provider just needs to notice that account A, Profile 1 is getting through an entire season at a quicker time that it would take to watch them - and doing this on an ongoing basis and it would raise alarm bells.

If you are not satisfied with AnyStreams policy, then that's up to you. The terms are made clear at purchase. If you're not in agreement, dont use/buy it, and use some of the alternatives (as discussed, many of these easy to use ones are simply screen recorders)

Google is your friend, but beware, these programs do not always tell the truth. You can tell if you have any significant GPU activity in the Task Manager, it's absolutely a recorder, not a downloader.

I own Clone BD, but actually bought one of the "other programs" because Clone DVD didn't offer the split of Episodes/Chapters when ripping a DVD.(At least I couldn't find the option in the Demo). This being said, I'd go with Redfox wherever I can because the "other Program" nickel and dimes you. You want video playback too? Buy this plugin...you want to encode with a different encoder ? purchase here. No, you won't have a limitation on downloads (recordings), but you will have to buy 3 individual recorders for NF, AZ and D+. Beside the (technically) better quality of a downloader like AS, it's also the best value you get. Redfox includes all three (for now) streaming providers in one program and you don't have to purchase three progs separately. My point here ? Be careful what you wish for because you don't know how good you have it with AS. So please stop complaining about a feature that was implemented to protect us from ourselves :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back