• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Sometimes fails to launch

NutFlush920

First I wanna say I love this app and it exceeds all my expectations. I couldn't be happier with my purchase but, ever since I purchased the lifetime license the app will sometimes fail to launch. This could be after a reboot or after my computer just has been sitting doing nothing. When this happens, I click to launch the app but nothing happens at all. Eventually, if I try to launch it enough one of two things happens. Either it launches and I can use it or I get an error "AnyStream has encountered an exception and therefore created a file with analysis information at...".

I'm not overly concerned with this as most of the time I just work though it and it eventually launches but, it's becoming an annoyance so figured I should report it and see if the dev's have any thoughts. If not, I can live with it. Thank you and take care.

Attachments

• Screen Shot.jpg
    Screen Shot.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 27
  • AnyStream_1.0.9.3_Dump_20210313154125.astdmp
    869.9 KB · Views: 4
I've been experiencing same kinda problems for a while (not with the latest beta tho..),but on my case... i get nag boxes stating anystream created debug logs,
and it closes itself (or the anystream.exe process stays hanging there,and nothing happens...)
i just keep on trying and trying,and eventually anystream opens and stuff works..
if it happens again,i will post the error dumps for the devs to investigate.

The problem happens in a third-party module. Try removing the
Code:
%localappdata%\RedFox\AnyStream
folder. Note: you will have to login to Amazon/Netflix again.

Have the same problem. Have not tried to clean the localappdata folder, but in case there is something else, I just attach my logfile as well. Thanks!

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.9.1_Dump_20210315073644.astdmp
    709.3 KB · Views: 0
@Dumbi I invite you to use the latest beta, which is 1.0.9.3. It may well be that the problem is already solved there.

The problem happens in a third-party module. Try removing the
Code:
%localappdata%\RedFox\AnyStream
folder. Note: you will have to login to Amazon/Netflix again.

Thanks for the advice. I’ll give it a try. Is this something I will need to do frequently or just once? Also, what do you mean by third-party module? Is there something I have installed that I could remove that might be causing a conflict.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, not at all. It's a part of the Qt framework, which AnyStream is based on.

Only when facing a problem like this (till we find a better cure).

I cleared the temp folder and upon launching the latest beta version,the app doesnt start,and creates the following error dump,which is attached..
(this same happened in the earlier version aswell..)

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.9.3_Dump_20210320120200.astdmp
    827.3 KB · Views: 0
Back