• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD wont decrypt any of my UHDs but other software will?

Thanks Marty. I bought this drive after seeing your post about it on another forum. Flashing per your instructions worked perfectly but obviously I didn't know it wasn't compatible with anydvd. That's not awesome as Samurai pointed out but it still working for me with other solutions. I pulled out three titles I purchased with the UHD discs (I always purchase the combo which includes 4K +BD+Digital) and each was successful using other solutions (I tried two different ones after AnyDvd failed).

Same issue here! Bought this drive thinking it was a 'friendly' drive since it DOES work with makemkv. Had no idea that it does NOT work with Any DVD HD.
:(

Same issue here! Bought this drive thinking it was a 'friendly' drive since it DOES work with makemkv. Had no idea that it does NOT work with Any DVD HD.
:(

The two work entirely differently, don't know what drive you have but if it's "the right one" you can always "downgrade" it from official to friendly by changing firmware...

The two work entirely differently, don't know what drive you have but if it's "the right one" you can always "downgrade" it from official to friendly by changing firmware...

Thanks.

I have the LGBU40N 1.00 (sorry the original post by agogley was not fully quoted when I replied).
Reading posts here and on makemkv, this drive will never work with AnyDVD regardless of firmware. agogley had the same drive and same issue.

I wanted to buy CloneBD and use it with AnyDVD; given AnyDVD does not support my burner, unless I find an alternative to AnyDVD for the LG BU40N, I would need to consider alternatives to CloneBD as well...

There's plenty alternative's, it's predecessor bu30n afaik does work. If you can still find it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Desktop drives can be put in an external case and flashed with pretty much any of the desktop drive firmware. So that is another option.

Desktop drives can be put in an external case and flashed with pretty much any of the desktop drive firmware. So that is another option.

Thanks, luckily I found another on-the-fly decrypter (trial of a full version first to ensure it worked) - will not mention the name since it is a competitor of AnyDVD - but it works with my LG BU40N in conjunction with CloneBD to make the backup of my original disc.
The Asus BW-16D1HT (which would have worked with AnyDVD HD) seems to have QC issues in ~25% of drives vs. 1% for the LG BU40N per a well known member (Billycar11) on the makemkv forum who has tested 600 UHD drives...

So I guess for now I may stick with my trusty LG BU40N for now and hope the other decrypter continues to work as well as it did so far, so I can buy CloneBD.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks, luckily I found another on-the-fly decrypter (trial of a full version first to ensure it worked) - will not mention the name since it is a competitor of AnyDVD - but it works with my LG BU40N in conjunction with CloneBD to make the backup of my original disc.
The Asus BW-16D1HT (which would have worked with AnyDVD HD) seems to have QC issues in ~25% of drives vs. 1% for the LG BU40N per a well known member (Billycar11) on the makemkv forum who has tested 600 UHD drives...

So I guess for now I may stick with my trusty LG BU40N for now and hope the other decrypter continues to work as well as it did so far, so I can buy CloneBD.

Thanks!
I've got two BW-16DHT's in regular service and they work great. I have another in storage - just in case. I did wear one out a few years ago - but it had seen plenty of use.

I've got two BW-16DHT's in regular service and they work great. I have another in storage - just in case. I did wear one out a few years ago - but it had seen plenty of use.

Glad to hear it!
I may try switching the burning portion to my Asus external Blu Ray burner (BW-12D1S-U) to ease the load on my Archgon (MD8107S-U3-UHD) / LG (BU40N) and use the latter solely for ripping backups of my originals.

Back