• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

feature requests

sierra117

not a provider request, but some features would be nice to have in Anystream:

1- ability to setup a download queue (i.e., when finished with one download, start another one, etc.)
2- can do without the leading zeros in filenames when Season and Episode are used ("S%s" and "E%e")
current filename: "...S01E01.mp4"
suggested filename: "...S1E1.mp4"

Post split. Feature requests do NOT belong is the streaming provider suggestion sticky.

not a provider request, but some features would be nice to have in Anystream:

1- ability to setup a download queue (i.e., when finished with one download, start another one, etc.)
2- can do without the leading zeros in filenames when Season and Episode are used ("S%s" and "E%e")
current filename: "...S01E01.mp4"
suggested filename: "...S1E1.mp4"

I actually prefer the file name to be S01E01. This allows them to be sorted correctly by name in Mac Finder or Windows Explorer. Without the 0 it would get weird anything 10+

I actually prefer the file name to be S01E01. This allows them to be sorted correctly by name in Mac Finder or Windows Explorer. Without the 0 it would get weird anything 10+
That's precisely why it was done the way it is.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

It is not often a zero gets to be a hero. Unless you are an mathematician, then again, it becomes a double edged sword.

not sure how you store your shows, if multiple seasons in a single folder perhaps your situation applies. I personally don't use that sorting method for files and prefer no leading zeros. should not be too hard to add as an additional argument in the list.

not sure how you store your shows, if multiple seasons in a single folder perhaps your situation applies. I personally don't use that sorting method for files and prefer no leading zeros. should not be too hard to add as an additional argument in the list.

Single digits messes up Season sorting but is even more problematic for Episodes in a Season folder.

If you have more than 9, with a sort by title Episode 10 and beyond will list after 1 and above 2 - 9.

If I recall, Episode number used to be just one digit if < 10, but was changed to 2 to ensure they sort in proper order by title.

T

Last edited:
let me make things a bit more clear: i have no problem whatsoever that people like their S01E01 naming conventions, for all the reasons people were quick to point out ...

i still want an option to have it name tv shows as S1E1, it is something that can be added to the list of naming options in settings. i can't see that it would pain Redfox so much that they couldn't do that. If they can write software that can defeat DRM, they can definitely add this little option, as well as the other one i asked for.

nice to haves, for a fellow customer -- please consider adding them.

All you have to do is right click and rename it whatever you want. Its not that hard.

let me make things a bit more clear: i have no problem whatsoever that people like their S01E01 naming conventions, for all the reasons people were quick to point out ...

i still want an option to have it name tv shows as S1E1, it is something that can be added to the list of naming options in settings. i can't see that it would pain Redfox so much that they couldn't do that. If they can write software that can defeat DRM, they can definitely add this little option, as well as the other one i asked for.

nice to haves, for a fellow customer -- please consider adding them.

Maybe a nice compromise would be to allow specifying an optional number of digits, so %s%e would still be "S01E01" (as would %2s%2e), and %1s%1e would be "S1E1".

thank you for that enlightening knowledge, i was clueless otherwise

You know I have watched/read this community for a good while now, some number of years. Everyone here is typically cool with one another and friendly and helpful. You seem to insist on another way. I am not sure why you think you are owed a change to the software or why acting the way you are would facilitate that. It would not make sense for a developer to make every change requested. Especially when it seems many others don't care for that change. And there is reason for that, I know some media servers (like Plex for example) use that leading zero and expect it.

Maybe take a deep breath and try to expound on your want/need instead of stomping your feet and demanding your change. One would think the former would be your only chance for the feature add whereas the latter would guarantee you did not get it.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

You know I have watched/read this community for a good while now, some number of years. Everyone here is typically cool with one another and friendly and helpful. You seem to insist on another way. I am not sure why you think you are owed a change to the software or why acting the way you are would facilitate that. It would not make sense for a developer to make every change requested. Especially when it seems many others don't care for that change. And there is reason for that, I know some media servers (like Plex for example) use that leading zero and expect it.

Maybe take a deep breath and try to expound on your want/need instead of stomping your feet and demanding your change. One would think the former would be your only chance for the feature add whereas the latter would guarantee you did not get it.

That's right, There is software out there that can do that for you rename whole series in seconds example 'TVRename'.

Last edited:
Filebot is another good example (i use that one)

Bulk Rename Utility is what I use to create file names for tv episodes ..

you have misread - and misconstrued - my posts in this thread. my 'smart ass' response in # 13 was warranted -- given the comment made in # 11.

i am not fighting anyone here. i made the feature request and asked nicely while doing so.

or you could just "powershell it," no need to download any random crap, and you can use regex:-

Code:
gci -Path . -Filter *.mp4| Rename-Item -NewName { $_.Name -replace '[Ss]0(?<Season>[123456789])[Ee]0(?<Episode>[123456789])', 'S${Season}E${Episode}' }

powershell-regex-rename.jpg

;)

thanks for the suggestions to all those that posted to offer help .... i also have some tools and methods to do batch renaming.

at this point, the feature request has turned into a philosophical debate, please just delete the thread.

Back