• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Feature Request: Download Limits

andcbii

1) It would be nice if your quota/download limit/available downloads was displayed on the UI. Maybe on popup window when you select a tile (the screen where you select languages and what not) or on the popup when a DL is finished.

2)The quota is there to stop people from abusing the system and DL too much. But 1 DL every 38 minutes really only accounts for hourish long TV shows. If possible it would be nice if shorter shows (like 22 minute shows) only took .5 of a DL. Opposite side of the coin it might make sense to count movies at 1.5 DLs.

It's not one download every 38 minutes. It is bucket refill rate. You may download as often as you want till the bucket gets empty.

Once you reach the limit it's basically 1 every 38 minutes. If you are DL a lot of 22 minutes episodes it makes a difference.

Once you reach the limit it's basically 1 every 38 minutes. If you are DL a lot of 22 minutes episodes it makes a difference.

Yes, but you have to drain the bucket first, and one day of not downloading anything gets ~37 tokens into your bucket!

It's not one download every 38 minutes. It is bucket refill rate. You may download as often as you want till the bucket gets empty.

As I and some others suggested why can't you do the download limit using time calculation in the mpd instead of file count? Also Amazon and Netflix should be counted separately as one doesn't care how much you downloaded from the other. I know it's more complicated to add it that way but long term it makes more sense. None of your competitors even have a limit at all and I have not been banned yet ( I should have been lol) I am not even convinced at least Amazon does any banning.

There are no direct competitors. Every single one of them is a screen recorder, AnyStream isn't a recorder. It's a direct downloader.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

As I and some others suggested why can't you do the download limit using time calculation in the mpd instead of file count? Also Amazon and Netflix should be counted separately as one doesn't care how much you downloaded from the other. I know it's more complicated to add it that way but long term it makes more sense. None of your competitors even have a limit at all and I have not been banned yet ( I should have been lol) I am not even convinced at least Amazon does any banning.

I was initially for MPD-signalled durations, but do the maths: with no token bucket but in screen recorder mode you are limited to whatever you can do in 24 hours, for ~45 minute episodes you end up with a count of 32 (AS refill rate is one in 38 minutes, giving you just over 37); and you can only do one or the other in screen recorder (I honestly have no idea if you can parallel screen-record multiple offscreen buffers with hardware encode). All in all, once you get over the initial rush-to-download stuff you want, you end up spilling over the tokens by downloading very little (unless you are a pirate set on downloading the whole of A's and N's library).

Back