• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD 1.2.9.0 AMD support

The problem is not a single model of video card, it's products from an entire manufacturer representing approximately half the GPU market. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect the software to work with both AMD and Nvidia at this point. I understand that is not a Redfox issue but that is my 2 cents.
Everyone who bought CloneBD had a chance to use it in a trial period. If it had an issue with AMD, people who bought it should have waited until it worked with your specific hardware. I am sure they are trying to get AMD support, but sometimes things take a long time to get everything corrected. I am not sure if it can be done but I am not the developer, Elby is. I am sure they read these posts, so please have a bit more patience.

I find this statement a bit cheeky! I bought the software in 2014 that was version 1025. Until the beginning of last year I still had my old Intel Nvidia system, which was always sufficient for BluRay. But some time ago UHD was added.
When I went back to AMD last year, I wasn't aware of the problem at all. In the meantime I also have an RTX 3070 in use again and that because of software that is not even fast!

It's not a software problem with CloneBD, it's an AMD driver API problem. CloneBD connects to the API to offload the encoding work to the GPU, if AMD would stop changing things just about every damn driver version they push out things would work reliably.

It's not a software problem with CloneBD, it's an AMD driver API problem. CloneBD connects to the API to offload the encoding work to the GPU, if AMD would stop changing things just about every damn driver version they push out things would work reliably.
Not sure this is the whole story, I have plenty of other software that uses AMD GPU's for a variety of tasks, both video related and offloading of computing. They all work with the AMD API's (not without occasional issues). From a user perspective (the only one we have, of course), this looks a great deal like Elby is making no effort to change things, especially given how long it's been this way.

how about using a different video card instead of complaining about software the makes backup of movies? I changed my video card out as I dont do movies or ripping on my gaming system and all my problems were fixed. SIMPLE, QUICK, EASY... DONE!
That's what I always recommended to people who just use the graphics card for CloneBD. I bought a relatively cheap NVIDIA 1050 for just that purpose. But there are a lot of gamers out there who have powerful AMD graphic cards that cost a fortune and there is no way they will replace that card with such a NVIDIA card. And it has been pointed out that the main issue is based on AMD drivers not Elby but the folks in the forum would just like to know if there is progress regarding this or if it's kind of "we have given up".

Everyone who bought CloneBD had a chance to use it in a trial period. If it had an issue with AMD, people who bought it should have waited until it worked with your specific hardware. I am sure they are trying to get AMD support, but sometimes things take a long time to get everything corrected. I am not sure if it can be done but I am not the developer, Elby is. I am sure they read these posts, so please have a bit more patience.

Look, you have no need to defend anything because I was not attacking anything. I was just stating some facts and some of my opinion. However, what you have said is wholly incorrect and not factual. When I first purchased CloneBD a few years ago it worked fine with AMD hardware. Now it does not. And it has been something like a year or more since it has. I complete my tasks with Handbrake as it works fine with AMD so I am not unable to do what I need. It is simply a shame I cannot utilize the software I purchased a license for which is superior to the Opensource flavor I have to resort to using.

Besides the API under constant changes you can't compare different products. Handbrake for example does things completely different. Unless both tools use the same API approach, any comparison is moot (null and void).

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Look, you have no need to defend anything because I was not attacking anything. I was just stating some facts and some of my opinion. However, what you have said is wholly incorrect and not factual. When I first purchased CloneBD a few years ago it worked fine with AMD hardware. Now it does not. And it has been something like a year or more since it has. I complete my tasks with Handbrake as it works fine with AMD so I am not unable to do what I need. It is simply a shame I cannot utilize the software I purchased a license for which is superior to the Opensource flavor I have to resort to using.
All I can say is I was not defending anything, when and if there is an update it will be posted in this subforum. So keep a lookout. Maybe try an Nvidia card if you are able to do so. Just a suggestion.

At the moment I can only confirm that you can only use free software. The problem is not only the lack of support from AMD but also the speed that ClonBD simply lags behind. Here's an example. In CloneBD I get around 60-70 FPS on UHD, and now check out this.
upload_2021-1-22_23-4-1.png

This also applies to FHD.
I have to say that one has the impression that there is no further development, especially since an Nvidia RTX 3070 in CloneBD is about 10 FPS slower than my GTX 1060! In BD rebuilder it looks different. I really appreciate this software, but it really gets going.

@Reto and @Fabian ,

we definitly would like to have your insights and comments here. Thanks guys! You were always very responsive when we dealt with new features and issues especially regarding Dolby Vision in the past.

@Reto and @Fabian ,

we definitly would like to have your insights and comments here. Thanks guys! You were always very responsive when we dealt with new features and issues especially regarding Dolby Vision in the past.
Hi Coopervid, when they have something to post they will post it, nagging them for updates is not a working solution. You will see it here first when they have an update to offer. Thank you.

No solution is also no solution! Do you not really notice how much you are supported? Instead, there are stupid comments ... like the one just now ... I don't understand you anymore

@manik
This also applies to FHD.
I have to say that one has the impression that there is no further development, especially since an Nvidia RTX 3070 in CloneBD is about 10 FPS slower than my GTX 1060! In BD rebuilder it looks different. I really appreciate this software, but it really gets going.

Wow, I am in the process to upgrade from a GTX 1650 to something like RTX 2070, just for CloneBD usage.
So, I won't, thanks.

Back